Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Aftermarket HID stuck on high beam

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2009, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aftermarket HID stuck on high beam

Hey everyone,

So i went and purchased some HID's. My first bad choice was getting them on Ebay prob but they seemed to work fine at first. Then i started noticing people flashing there lights at me. So it looks like they are stuck on the highbeam setting. They are a Bi-xenon kit so it should do both. Could it be a problem with the relay? I would appreciate any help so i can stop blinding people at night. Thanks
Old Jan 23, 2009, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it actually stuck on high beams, and there is no low beams, or just misaligned headlights?
Old Jan 23, 2009, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

stuck on highbeams. If i try to switch them on the lights dont change brightness. Now if the lights are off and i pull the toggle to flash the highbeams they come on. This is why im thinking they are stuck on high
Old Jan 24, 2009, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

i have the same headlights as you. I have 9007-2 type bulbs which have 1 halogen and 1 Xenon bulb so that you can keep your highbeams.

when i turn my headlights on, its the low beam (halogen) then i have to flick my highbeam function to power the HIDs on.

i love em!..aha..most people here dont even bother because everyone in NYC has HIDs.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

No i actually have just HID's but thet are supposed to be highs and lows. But for some reason are always on high.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 06:13 PM

for highlow kit.. isnt the highs hallogen? so wouldnt the highs be actually not as bright as the xenon hids if imnot mistaken? well thats how mines are anyways.. haha i could be wrong thoo
Old Jan 25, 2009, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lancer02Josh
stuck on highbeams. If i try to switch them on the lights dont change brightness. Now if the lights are off and i pull the toggle to flash the highbeams they come on. This is why im thinking they are stuck on high
I only have mine hooked up to my lows, and when the lights are on and I flash my brights, they turn off, but when the lights are off and I click it to where the highs would be on, they come on.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just unplug the high beam and the light is not pulled back into the high beam mode .
Old Jan 25, 2009, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

I have just one bulb for each headlight and i have tried pushing the bulb in to see if it changes but it stays just as bright. Only thing i can think of is that the relay is bad. but thats just a guess im not sure if that has anything to do with the high and low beams

Oh and Lucas03ES what you have is just low beams. I had a pair of those too and switched them out for bi-zenon
Old Feb 23, 2009, 10:55 AM

Hey everyone,

So i went and purchased some HID's. My first bad choice was getting them on Ebay prob but they seemed to work fine at first. Then i started noticing people flashing there lights at me. So it looks like they are stuck on the highbeam setting. They are a Bi-xenon kit so it should do both. Could it be a problem with the relay? I would appreciate any help so i can stop blinding people at night. Thanks
I don't know what could be the problem with the HIDs staying on High, but do you have a projector headlight assembly or the regular stock headlight assembly?

If you have the regular stock halogen assembly, then pretty much no matter what you do they will glare at oncoming traffic. A projector headlight assembly will not only make your HIDs look better, IMO, but they will drastically reduce glare to oncoming traffic.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

I have the normal factory head light casings i dont think they make projection head lights for the 02 lancer. I still havent played with it. Im guessing its the relay but not 100% sure
Old Feb 23, 2009, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

I have just one bulb for each headlight and i have tried pushing the bulb in to see if it changes but it stays just as bright. Only thing i can think of is that the relay is bad. but thats just a guess im not sure if that has anything to do with the high and low beams

Oh and Lucas03ES what you have is just low beams. I had a pair of those too and switched them out for bi-zenon
Yeah I know that I only have lows, just didn't read your post thourhoughly enough and didn't see that you said you have a hi/lo kit
Old Feb 24, 2009, 11:19 AM

I have the normal factory head light casings i dont think they make projection head lights for the 02 lancer. I still havent played with it. Im guessing its the relay but not 100% sure
Hear ya go. Projector headlights.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DEPO-...Q5fAccessories
Old Mar 11, 2009, 01:21 PM

same problem

i had that same exacr problem when i first got my bi xenon kit. the problem is the realat. where it plugs into your dtock harness theres 3 pins and none of them are right i ripped the pins outa the plug on the relay and put them in the stock harness in the right order. the brown needs to be in the middle and the other 2 i just played around with till the high beams were in the right location simple fix.