Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Weird power issues...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2014, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird power issues...

Hello everyone, first post here and not a good one. I just bought an 03 OZ that has an alarm installed but the main part for the alarm was removed. All the wires for the alarm is still intact (will include pic later) and looks a mess. To the power issues. First off the radio will reset randomly along with the clock. The ignition switch will work 80% of the time, after taking key out a couple of times it works when the problem is arise. I found out that most of the light bulbs for the dash display (AC, odometer, etc) are blown. And the big shabang, the power window for the passenger front will only go down. What am I getting at? I believe the wiring for the alarm has something to do with this power issue. I just recently replaced the battery and checked all the fuses, in which the AC adapter fuse was blown (replaced). I also replaced the window regulator and motor and played with it while it was just plugged in and it will go up and down, but when the regulator and motor are installed it will only go down and not up. Everything else works correctly though. I am not sure what would cause this but it has to be something more upstream causing these issues. I hope I left a good amount of info for anybody that has has a similar problem or for t/s in general. Thanks for the future replies!

-Mark
Old Jan 13, 2014, 09:47 PM

My old 03 OZ had the same issue. Alarm was installed by previous owner. I would try and start the car and there would be no power given. I would switch ignition on and off 5-10 times and sometimes get lucky and get it on. Worst one was about 50 times of trying. Finally gave up on it and traded it in.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 05:56 PM

Lol thanks for the insight ehhh...
Old Jan 19, 2014, 11:49 PM

a quick update on all the problems with the lancer.

1. removed all the wiring for the alarm out and nothing seemed to change.
2. I removed some of the relays and reseated them and the power issue with the clock/radio is fixed.
3. I removed the door switch and took it apart and the contacts for the window were dirty/charred a bit.
4. Will replace it tomorrow and see if it fixes anything.