Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Questions about my 2008 Lancer ES

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2015, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions about my 2008 Lancer ES

Hey everybody, I'm new to these forums. It's good to be part of the Lancer community. I have a few questions I would love help with.
I've recently purchased a used (~80k miles) 2008 Lancer ES from a dealership (not a mitsu one) and want to start some simple mods. I've just purchased some dome lightbulbs and excited to put them in.

While on lighting, it doesn't appear that my Lancer has fog lights. Is this normal with other 2008 ES models? I've seen others who do have them and was wondering why mine doesn't. Also, my lancer didn't come with keyless entry and I believe it should have.

Furthermore, my steering wheel has the buttons for bluetooth hands free calling, how do I set that up? I have the stock radio in.

Any suggestions, links to 'how-to's would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys!
Old Feb 25, 2015, 02:56 PM

Bump.

Any help guys? I haven't been able to find anything.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fog lights were an option and are actually integrated into ECU so adding them isn't easy, the factory setup that is.
Installing the LED dome lights is easy and is a video on youtube to walk you through. Have a small thin flat head screwdriver to pop out the lens covers. No need to drop entire assembly. just remove the plastic lenses.
For the factory Bluetooth you will need the owners manual. It is quite a few steps. Keep in mind it WILL NOT stream music Bluetooth from your phone. just phone conversations. Music streaming came in like 2010 or 2011. Look for owners manual cheap on ebay if you don't have the thick manual.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 04:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fog lights were add-ons from dealers. Most are lancers come plug and play for fogs and there are a few factory fog kits you can get on ebay.

Keyless entry aka "FAST-key" was not standard kit. You can tell if you have it or not by looking at your driver door handle and trunk lid. there should be a little black button on each.

A lot of the low trim lancers came "BLUETOOTH READY" meaning that it is pre-wired for hands free phoning but you need the factory bluetooth module and mic to actually make use of it. I know this from experience after i spent 15min yelling PAIR PHONE!!!!!! like a mad man in my car. Only gts and higher trims came standard with BT enabled.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:41 AM

Awesome thanks guys!

I'll probably look into installing fog lights (if it's not too hard) and setting the bluetooth up.

Thanks again.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 05:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Or consider getting an aftermarket head unit with Bluetooth. It will come with everything (including mic) that you need. If your steering wheel has the audio controls - a PAC-SWI interface will add that functionality too
Old Mar 4, 2015, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Veronica
Or consider getting an aftermarket head unit with Bluetooth. It will come with everything (including mic) that you need. If your steering wheel has the audio controls - a PAC-SWI interface will add that functionality too
I do have the bluetooth controls on my steerling wheel -- if I install a head unit with Bluetooth capabilities it should work?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 05:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Yes, it should. Mine had BT and I went with an aftermarket (Pioneer) headunit with BT and with the PAC-SWI to use the steering wheel controls.

I can't say for sure if your clockspring and wiring is there (but it should be...) to support it.

Search for 'adding BT' capability to see if others have done it successfully.
I hope this helps... [shrug]