Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Street Class Champ @ Redline Time Attack November 18th

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Street Class Champ @ Redline Time Attack November 18th

This past Sunday I took home first in Street AWD at the return of Redline Time Attack. This was an exhibition event kicking off Redline Time Attack's return, and was really something special for history.
I was not only able to set the fastest time in Street AWD, I was also able to set the fastest time out of all the Street Class Competitors - FWD, RWD, and AWD. This was my first time cracking two minutes on BW CW13. The cooler weather really helped over my previous efforts.
I would like to give a big thanks to all my sponsors that support my endeavors! This couldn't have been possible without your superior products, advice, and fantastic service.
A big thanks to KT Motoring. They are one of the best Evo shops in Socal bar none! KW Suspensions for the amazing V3 coil over suspension and advice on set up for the rain, even though it didn’t end up raining. ETS (Extreme Turbo Systems), although no ETS parts were on my car at the time. ETS will only help me go faster at my future events! I plan on getting their LICP and one of their amazingly high quality intercoolers to help with turbo spool and lowering my incoming air temps! Lastly, a big thanks to Fuel Injector Clinic for their awesome injectors that keep me running on that corn juice!

On my 1:59.4 lap, I actually got locked out shifting to fifth gear on the back straight coming out Phil Hill. I probably could have went high 58 just from that alone. This is a common occurance on Street Disc’s as they start to wear. We adjusted the clutch engagement hoping to rectify the lockout going into the second TA session. I was going to go for it in the second session, but unfortunately, the rain started to come down on and off during the latter half of the day. I decided to save my tires for another day.

Car details:

330WHP KT Motoring Dyno Dynamics
KW V3 Suspension (Robispec street tire set up)
Hankook RS-3 255/40/17
3376 lbs w/ driver

Here are some pics:

This is the Trophy I got for being the fastest in Street Class out of all the Street sub-classes.

As a lot of you know, it’s definitely not all glitz and glamour. I had an ARK multi function display installed prior to the event to monitor Oil Pressure, Boost, and Water Temperature. The adapter fitting that goes onto the oil filter adapter for the Oil Pressure sensor decided to randomly snap in half going down the road. I didn’t even run over anything. It just snapped in half from the pressure. Upon further inspection, the metal appeared to be very soft and brittle as we tried to tap it out. The fitting not only snapped in half, it actually welded itself to the oil filter housing. A BIG THANK YOU to everyone at KT Motoring for getting my car up and running on short notice! I won’t go into every detail, but THANK YOU KHIEM ESPECIALLY for letting me use your AAA since mine are all used up already..LOL
Lesson learned: Cheap little parts like fittings with poor material composition can cost you big time! It could have been much worse, and I could have hurt my motor just days before the event!
Here is a pic of the fitting that welded itself to the oil filter housing:

Once again, thank you go KT Motoring, ETS (Extreme Turbo Systems), KW Suspensions, and Fuel Injector Clinic for the support! Good seeing my track buddies out there, and meeting a few new people as well. Cheers!

Last edited by Johns_EVO_IX_SE; Nov 22, 2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congratulations on a great event, sounds like a lot of fun, and cracking 2 min is a great achievement. Also that model is super hot.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:54 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
Nicole Reckers is the models name for all you creepers
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Congrats man! Haulin *** that's for sure.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:55 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys, Nicole is gentle on the eyes isn't she.*

I will be on Moto Iq radio tommorow night for T&A if your interested http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_artic...uHFb4.facebook
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats John. Nice work man!
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:00 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
John

Great job slinging that EVO around BW

Very impressive time for sure. Well Done! Nice pics!

Joe
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the kind words! More pics of the event can be found here: https://www.redlinetimeattack.com/in...ery&Itemid=151