Notices
02-03 Lancer Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

my o3 oz, first pics

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2010, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This may help (from the first thread about the fogs)

Originally Posted by bvasquez12
YEa i have a switch wired up, and for the fitting, it took some heating and bending of the plastic and we had to cut some parts off. Also the fog lights are upside down and on the opposite side of the way they go on the accord. As for the wiring, i do have the switch that came with the accord set up. i basically cut off all the harness that it came with and just kept the positive and it goes to the switch, then from the switch to my fuse box and then a negative goes to the fogs, and then another positive i wired to my parking lights so the switch lights up when i turn on the parking lights. But i wanted to put hids in them but for some reason they dont work,maybe i need a relay setup?
Old Mar 25, 2010, 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

Im putting mine in tomorrow. My eyelids came as well, and now Im debating picking up some projectors as well since my headlights have condensation in them from when I sprayed them black. I sealed them but not much can stand against -30 in the winter, especially not water proof caulk. I was debating re sealing but the front is all grainy anyways. I'll post pix tomorrow night.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Fasho thanks bro! Lol too bad I sold em I might buy em again
Old Mar 25, 2010, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol, i pretty much had to make my own harness using the wires it came with, if that makes any sense. Just remember that they are flipped over and switched to the opposite side of the way they would go on the accord!! so the one labeled R is gonna go on the left, and upside down, and vise versa for the one labeled L. Idk about intercooler pipiing i never thought about it. Come to think of it, i think ihad problems with the OEM h11 bulbs fitting on the fogs because of the the way the bumper is shaped, but once i got my hids i had no problem.

Ill shoot many many pictures during my swap, and ill probably post up some videos. Thanks for all the props!! I have big plans for my lancer, just gotta get this swap out of the way
Old Mar 26, 2010, 05:58 PM
Evolving Member

These fogs are a ***** to get in. Im going to get a heat gun now, we drimmeled them down pretty good but they still don't fit right. I had to drive all over the place today too bumperless . Hopefully I can get these ****ers in tonight and wire them down, or I wont be getting back to this project until next weekend and will be bumperless all week!!!
Old Mar 26, 2010, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

dang haha exactly how i felt. lol
Old Mar 27, 2010, 05:59 AM
Evolving Member

I got em in, the fitment is a little ghetto but once I get a heat gun they should fit pretty well. I just gotta wire them and I should be done. Hopefully wont take too long.

Start your swap yet?
Old Mar 27, 2010, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

i was gonna start tonight and drop my trans. but i got off work a little late, ill start tomorrow hopefully. cool post up some pictures !
Old Mar 27, 2010, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

I got the fogs in super ghetto right now. My heat gun that I JUST BOUGHT ****in broke immediately. Taking it back in the morning and getting a new one, gonna wire the fogs as well cuz I was getting super lost working with that switch. Beyond that got the switch installed in the side where the dim is for the internal lights, gonna have my old man help me put that together tomorrow and hopefully do the heating tomorrow night maybe or next week. I'll post what pix I have on my post tomorrow maybe once I've taken the semi final pix of my car.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 01:24 AM
Evolving Member

cool, so i started my swap after all. its alot harder without a cherry picker, i got everything unhooked though and tomorrow i will have a cherry picker and i will be able to remove the trans and hopefully remove the differential. Then on monday i will pick up the new transmission and swap the new differential in.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

Sick! That would be a super fun project to work on!
Old Mar 28, 2010, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Still working on the wiring for the fogs and had a quick question. Under my impression you said you took the power from the fogs and taped or solder'd it to the power from the switch? Then from the power (the one with the grey clip that has the ground coming out of the same spot) you wired that to the parking lot fuse in the fuse box? What did you do with the blue switch wires? Solder those together from the switch and from the fogs? Im trying to wire this and getting really confused since its plug and go for the accord. Im gonna cut all the connectors off the switch. Do those 2 blue connectors on the switch cord assembly just plug into one another?
Old Mar 28, 2010, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

Okay so I cut the grey heads off those wires coming from the switch assembly. Now Im confused. What wiring diagram did you go off of? I realize the grey heads probably plugged into the car on the accord somewhere but I cant figure out where to put what now.

From the headlights I have relay and power switch, and a clear set of switches hooked together, so I have a 2 red power cables, a ground, and 2 blue switch switches.

From the actual switch itself I have 2 power switches, a blue switch cable, and a ground. I realize the grounds can hook anywhere, and Im assuming the set of cables (coming from the actual switch itself, has a set of cords that are blue and red) can hook to the blue and red switches from the power box. and then the other red switches can hook to a fuse?

I guess Im confused on what to do with the left over blue switch and curious if you ran the power to the switch and then to the fuse box or did you run both power cables separate to the fuse box? Im guessing you had to run the power to the switch first then to the fuse box because if the switch is turned off you want no power going to the lights or anything right? The blue switches together because that tells it when to go on and off, but that extra blue switch from the power goes where?

Sorry if thats super confusing, Im curious what you went off or what you did? Do you have a diagram or can you explain it to me.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

the accord switch has four wires if i remember correctly, i had no idea what to do with the extras so i got a switch from autozone with 3 prongs,
one of the prongs is a positive, one goes to the lights, and the other is another positive that lights the switch up, if i remember correctly. I might be wrong, its been about a year and a half.

The positive goes to the power source(battery), the other prong to the foglight positive, and the third prong the the fuse box where the parking light fuse is located.

From the fogs, one wire will go to the switch like i mentioned above, and the other wire goes to a ground. IF i remember correctly. let me know if im wrong on one of the things and ill remember it better lol, my relay is hidden and i dont really want to trace down the wires but if u cant figure it out i guesss i can lol.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

Im pretty sure I can figure it out. From your description above it makes sense, but when all is said and done, I have an extra blue switch wire. I couldn't find a diagram or anything about how it gets hooked. I might just try **** and if it doesn't work try something else. Hopefully I dont burn up a fuse or anything, but from your description above, there is a power cord from the little power box, that goes to switch then from switch to parking fuse in fuse box. Grounds to ground obviously. Then one blue from Relay box to switch, the other to who knows where from the power? Also maybe to the switch?

Quick Reply: my o3 oz, first pics