Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Who has RRM/ MAGNA FLOW Stainless Catback Exhaust??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2006, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Who has RRM/ MAGNA FLOW Stainless Catback Exhaust??

i'm looking for a sound clip of this, it's RRM/ MAGNA FLOW Stainless Catback Exhaust

I am thinking about getting RRM/ Magna Flow Stainless Catback Exhaust instead of greddy.

Please respond with knowledge if you have this on your RA and also please poste pics.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 05:40 PM
Evolving Member

anyone???

i'm sure someone here bought this
Old Aug 31, 2006, 06:31 PM

I've got it. It is really quite with my turbo. Before I did the turbo it still wasn't loud, and has a nice deep sound at low RPM's and is not annoying at highway speeds. If you look around there is some pics posted of it. It's really good quality and a perfect fit. I don't have a good mic or i'd post a clip. I'll try and see if my friend has a mic.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have it..
Its a 3 piece design, the midpipe bolts onto the flange coming off the cat, which you might need a new gasket depending on how bad your stock one is.. also it'll be a ***** to get those bolts off if the bolts are rusted and ****... Also on my exhaust hangers there are metal sleeve inserts that are used for the stock exhaust, i had to take those out in order to get the exahust to slide onto them right. Besides the bolts the install was fairly easy, mainly like a big puzzle to tell you the truth.

I felt a loss of lower rpm power, but regained it when i reinstalled my RRM SRI, but at higher rpm's it pulls a lot nicer and harder. The overall sound of the exhaust is quiet nice. Its not too loud, but you can still hear the popping of the car backfiring at higher rpm's or as you downshift. Also it takes about 10 minutes for the exhaust to warm up to the temperature it would be after normal driving, during that 10 minutes its very quiet, but it'll get deeper and louder (not too much) after it warms up... Within the first 100 miles or so of having it installed you'll experience a smell which is just the muffler and piping breakin' in and so forth don't mind it... and yes you'll smell it inside the cabin so ride with the windows open or something.

Also another tip if you get it, don't tighten the clamps that hold the exhaust together until after you get it on the hangers, so you can adjust it... Also the exhaust looks like it sticks out a little (the tip i mean) but you'll get used to it, and its nice cause you can see the "magnaflow" symbol on the top of the tip.

I give the exhaust a 9/10, mainly cause i wasn't expecting it to come with clamps, i thought it was all bolt on. Also that picture you posted isn't the actual one... Its similar, instead of having flanges/bolts (beside the cat. converter to midpipe) it has clamps holding the 3 pieces together. Not bad but it caught me off gaurd...

Good luck, i hope this review helps you bro..
-Lee
Old Aug 31, 2006, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

dont buy it from rrm, go get one installed at a local muffler exhaust shop, they have the same magnaflow catback exhaust exact as the rrm catback and i got mine for 375$ installed, nothing against rrm, but your paying 425 or something plus shipping and then you have to install it which ends up being too damn much especially if your planning on going turbo in the future, because you will need a diffrent exhaust.

it sounds real deep and nothing like a honda all +'s,
Old Aug 31, 2006, 11:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by itsaneswhocares
dont buy it from rrm, go get one installed at a local muffler exhaust shop, they have the same magnaflow catback exhaust exact as the rrm catback and i got mine for 375$ installed, nothing against rrm, but your paying 425 or something plus shipping and then you have to install it which ends up being too damn much especially if your planning on going turbo in the future, because you will need a diffrent exhaust.

yea if you're down on cash i say for this one.. the reason why i got the rrm one is cause i thought it was all flanges but apparently it wasn't... 510$ shipped.. ouch i'm still feelin' that pain
Old Sep 1, 2006, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

yeah it really isnt anything to do with if your down on cash, it is the fact that you will get a better deal by going down to your local muffler/exhaust shop and getting it done there. There is no diffrence in magnaflow catback exhaust vs rrm magnaflow catback exhaust, there both magnaflow, there both for the lancer, just one is hell of alot cheaper and will take about 2-3 hours for your local shop to get it done

or go buy it from roadrace and spend more money, maybe your package will get damaged again, and then have to pay someone to install it, unless you can, but either way your still paying more for the exact same thing if you buy it online.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Arrow

thanks for the educational post and to this statement:
spend more money, maybe your package will get damaged again, and then have to pay someone to install it, unless you can, but either way your still paying more for the exact same thing if you buy it online.
you do have a point about that, in camparison you are exactlyl right about just which one it comes down to being cheaper in price.

NOW ALL I WANNA KNOW how does this sound? Is this a better buy then getting a greddy exhaust?

Last edited by slvrRalliart cf; Sep 1, 2006 at 03:23 PM.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

are you talking about the greddy evo 2 exhaust? i've only heard good things about those, but I heard there were some fitment issues aswell, but if you can buy the greddy evo 2 catback system go for that, but there is nothing wrong at all with the magnaflow, you will sound like your car has some real huge COCONUTS and it;s real quiet at idle. Overall i'd go with the magnaflow again

peace
Old Sep 2, 2006, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=212543

This is a clip i made for another thread. Keep in mind that i have lots of other stuff on my car so it sounds louder. Theres a little review , hope it helps.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 07:35 PM
Former Sponsor

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ghlight=custom

Read this thread about custom exhaust. I think you will be surprised why the RRM is a good decision.