Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

RRM HEADER +dp COMBO

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2008, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow lucky I never hang out in here or I will go mad over the lack of knowledge. Let me break it down for you since I used to build N/A cars. You never want to go catless on an N/A car because you do not want to completely eliminate back pressure. That is only good for a turbo car for top end and spool. Second that is not called a downpipe. Downpipes come off turbos. You are referring to a mid pipe that comes of the header. Yes it is going to be obnoxiously loud if you do not use a cat. But as stated earlier that is not the right thing to do. Go with a high flow cat. I would also put a resonator in your exhaust to help a little with tone. I would help more but it is hard justifying modding these cars since the price is not worth any gain but I guess you have to start somehwere.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Realistic
tthis is going to sound stupid but.. do you need a gasket for each flange?
also, can you reuse the gasket from the old header?

Tw3NTy0n3 - did you use a weld on hfc, or did you flange it
it was a weld on.

this one to be exact

I definitely recommend it if you want the raspiness to go away. I noticed it sounds a bit different when the car is cold/warm. It sounds like a nice beast when it's warm, purrs while normal driving. When it's cold it just sounds like a car.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RevMoto
Wow lucky I never hang out in here or I will go mad over the lack of knowledge. Let me break it down for you since I used to build N/A cars. You never want to go catless on an N/A car because you do not want to completely eliminate back pressure. That is only good for a turbo car for top end and spool. Second that is not called a downpipe. Downpipes come off turbos. You are referring to a mid pipe that comes of the header. Yes it is going to be obnoxiously loud if you do not use a cat. But as stated earlier that is not the right thing to do. Go with a high flow cat. I would also put a resonator in your exhaust to help a little with tone. I would help more but it is hard justifying modding these cars since the price is not worth any gain but I guess you have to start somehwere.
The only reason I called it downpipe was because that's what RRM calls it on their page.

RRM Header / RRM Downpipe

- I'm not trying to start a fit, I'm just saying why I call it that and why maybe others call it that too.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tw3NTy0n3
The only reason I called it downpipe was because that's what RRM calls it on their page.

RRM Header / RRM Downpipe

- I'm not trying to start a fit, I'm just saying why I call it that and why maybe others call it that too.
That company should know better. Now newbs call it a downpipe. Change your sig. LOL. To all lancers. If you like adding mods and to gain experience I would not add anymore than an exhaust and intake. Also springs if need be. Save all the money you are gonna spend into these mods that gain nothing for you guys and when your next car comes around get something a little nicer. Yes this is a dick comment but after seeing this and also turbo kits and cams for this car I just ponder how people can waste their money.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maybe you should just quit wasting money into your life?

sorry for the dickish comment...
but you know... in canada... all we have is the evo x
which i';m not interested in.
so thanks..

Edit:
I have that HFC.. did you have to do any modifications?
just weld it to the midpipe and the CBE?, then install it onto the exhaust header?
Old Mar 21, 2008, 10:44 PM
Evolving Member

tthis is going to sound stupid but.. do you need a gasket for each flange?
also, can you reuse the gasket from the old header?

Tw3NTy0n3 - did you use a weld on hfc, or did you flange it
yea u can reuse the old gasket but im getting new gaskets. anyway
Old Mar 22, 2008, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

hey guys i have a question what size is the RRM DP i need to know so that i can order a HFC
Old Mar 23, 2008, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

maybe you should just quit wasting money into your life?

sorry for the dickish comment...
but you know... in canada... all we have is the evo x
which i';m not interested in.
so thanks..

Edit:
I have that HFC.. did you have to do any modifications?
just weld it to the midpipe and the CBE?, then install it onto the exhaust header?
AHAHAHAHA you didn't like the X so you got a lancer instead. Alright buddy. As far as the question goes for gaskets, you should always replace them. They are cheap. Only time you never have to replace a gasket is if it is a donut gasket. Normally found on the header to MIDPIPE FOR THE LAST TIME NOT A DOWNPIPE. The exhaust should be 2-2.5" at the most as far as the piping should go. As stated a cat is the only option you should be looking at. If anyone says they make more power with it deleted they are an idiot. You will lose a lot of back pressure and run slower. Yes top end you will see a slight gain but you guys aren't making anything up there so why do it. Do not be one of those annoying *** ricers with a loud car that doesn't move. A HFC fallowed by a resonator fallowed by a nice named brand muffler is what needs to be put in. Anything else is just ridiculous and stupid.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

^^^ alright well i have the Megan Racing N1 muffler and i am def gonna get a HFC now the resonator i dont think that i am really gonna need it for that i might as well just keep my stock midpipe on instead of spending money on something that i already have.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

AHAHAHAHA you didn't like the X so you got a lancer instead. Alright buddy.
Lets see, he owns an 06 lancer, when did the evo x come out, oh right, 08. i knew i should have used my delorean to get one from the future
aside from that, are you aware that your $31,999 evo X costs over $43,000 cdn? yeah, the dollar is on par, but we pay substantially more. go figure

get your facts stright before you start talking lancer trash.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Downpipe, Downpipe, Downpipe, Downpipe....
Old Mar 24, 2008, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

^^^^ hahahaha thats funny
Old Mar 24, 2008, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

AHAHAHAHA you didn't like the X so you got a lancer instead. Alright buddy. As far as the question goes for gaskets, you should always replace them. They are cheap. Only time you never have to replace a gasket is if it is a donut gasket. Normally found on the header to MIDPIPE FOR THE LAST TIME NOT A DOWNPIPE. The exhaust should be 2-2.5" at the most as far as the piping should go. As stated a cat is the only option you should be looking at. If anyone says they make more power with it deleted they are an idiot. You will lose a lot of back pressure and run slower. Yes top end you will see a slight gain but you guys aren't making anything up there so why do it. Do not be one of those annoying *** ricers with a loud car that doesn't move. A HFC fallowed by a resonator fallowed by a nice named brand muffler is what needs to be put in. Anything else is just ridiculous and stupid.
two things.

downpipe is just a term used to describe it. it doesn't start under the car and go back, it starts at the header going DOWN then turns and connects to the catback section. the MIDPIPE on this car is between the cat and the axleback. if you want to call it a midpipe feel free, but you are including everything from the head to the axleback when you do and no one will have any idea what you are talking about. feel free to be the only one though

this is not the same engine as the base lancer. we put 178 to the crank stock without the cats, 162 with them. mod the car a little for top end HP and removing the cat will benefit you, mod the car a little for torque and removing the cat will hurt you. there is enough top end in the car to benefit from removing the cat, but you had better have a drag car in mind. yours are blanket statements that apply more to smaller displacement engines, such as the one that comes with your evo

if you don't know the car you are talking about, don't post. period.

Last edited by DangerousDan; Mar 24, 2008 at 08:42 AM. Reason: clarity in numbers
Old Mar 24, 2008, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

ok so what is the size of the RRM DOWNPIPE
Old Mar 24, 2008, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

which one, first gen or second gen? either way, 2.25" I believe.

Last edited by DangerousDan; Mar 24, 2008 at 09:28 AM. Reason: oops

Quick Reply: RRM HEADER +dp COMBO