Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Can We Make An Evo Engine Swap To Ralliart?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2010, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Can We Make An Evo Engine Swap To Ralliart?

hello..

i have like a noob question LOL
can we swap an evo engine 2.0L lancer evolution MR 2006 to a ralliart 2006

because i have a evo engine turbocharged with all to make a swap but....

i have heard that the back motor mount will not fit the swap but the other motor mounts will fit correctly is that true?

another quest..
can we use the same trans? Manual 5 spd with the evo engine
it doesnt brake with more HP ? or i need to buy an evo trans? will it fit?

thanks very much and.
i hope u can clear my questions

Last edited by lsalex; Dec 9, 2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

The best bet would be to swap it all out, ECU, Engine, tranny can stay but requires some modding.
If you want the evo set up, just throw the evo head on the 4g69 block.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 06:42 PM

well actually i saw a evo engine of an MR 2006 with the turbo because they always sell them without turbo so i saw it and think about swaping it ,

i will need to buy the ENGINE WIRING HARNESS and ecu but they are not expensive.

but the real question is

does the evo engine is a bolt on ? or i will need to make mods
can tranny support the evo stock engine?
or i need to mod it?

thanks
Old Dec 14, 2010, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Buy it. Do it. Post it.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

Didn't a lancer in europe come with a non-turbo 4g63? I wonder if the mounts would work.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by ralliart610
Didn't a lancer in europe come with a non-turbo 4g63? I wonder if the mounts would work.
yes it did. not sure if the mounts would match up but woudln't hurt to find out but the front mount does work. not sure if you woudl wanna keep a front wheel 4g63 but for the awd conversion you'd have to get the rear differential from the outlander i believe and have that welded onto the car as well as get the transmission worked on to bolt up to the 4g63. but even with that its not guaranteed that the suspension will hold up in a good autox session
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:46 AM

orless the 2005 ralliart and 06 have a huge diffrence then this will not work atleast not with out modifications it definately will not bolt up are you trying to use awd or fwd? im pretty sure the awd swap will not work it hasnt been done yet but check out this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvLkX...eature=related this is with fwd it cost 13000$ just for the swap to fit with almost stock 4g63 power ur better off buying an evo and you cant do a 4g69 head on a 4g63 block because the block of the 4g63 is a 2.0 with a dohc head the 4g69 is a 2.4 block with a 2.4 head sohc i dont know what parts give them a diffrent displacement im guessing a bigger crank in the 4g69 with diffrent rods and pistons either way id rather have a seperate cam to control intake and exhaust than just 1 cam. also which 4g63 are u looking because remember the 4g63 was originally in the galant and the first evo from there the motor was later used in the eclipse and talons the 6bolt where there car 6bolts holding the crank and the 7bolt where there is 7 bolts holding it the diffrence? the 7 bolt is notorious for crank walk and has a better flowing head than the 6bolt im not 100% sure if this motor will fit in the lancer chassis i doubt it i think i read something about the tranny being on opposite sides between the gsx and the evo the evo 4g63 also has lighter rods and i think forged pistons 6-7bolt 210bhp-latest 4g63 276bhp
Old Dec 14, 2010, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just saw this thread and i'm not going to bother reading it. short answer. if you have money, you can put a jet engine into a ralliart. but its 2010. evo's now cost 11,000 dollars. the labor to get this swap to work is about 8,000 . Don't be a retard. Either mod the 4g69, or buy an evo.

5 years ago this was a good idea. But right now i can work for 2 months and go buy an evo 8 cash. dont waste your time and money.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ralliart_on_LSD
Just saw this thread and i'm not going to bother reading it. short answer. if you have money, you can put a jet engine into a ralliart. but its 2010. evo's now cost 11,000 dollars. the labor to get this swap to work is about 8,000 . Don't be a retard. Either mod the 4g69, or buy an evo.

5 years ago this was a good idea. But right now i can work for 2 months and go buy an evo 8 cash. dont waste your time and money.
If he wants to build something unique let him. Plus around here I cant find an evo for under 17k. And thats nice you can buy an evo in 2 months. Some people arnt so lucky.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

If you already have the engine, turbo, wiring and do the work yourself, it shouldnt be too bad. Labor and the price of the engine is what probably made it cost $13,000. I'd try to find more information on that motor mount from europe. I could purchase an evo cash in two months also but i like it better having something you built yourself. I can see your point about buying an evo, but if he already has the engine and harness, why not try it. I had an h22 swapped accord cause i like the way accords looked but didnt want a prelude. I think you should do the swap. BTW i'm not looking for an argument RA on LSD, you have the baddest RA around and i cant wait to see it run. Almost makes me want to take the trip from Reading Pa to see it.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh yea i'm not loooking for an argument either. Its just my opinion. Like i said years ago its a great idea. But money wise its going to be a huge mistake. An evo garantee'd to work for 11,000 (that looks nicer than a ralliart already) or do all that work for 13,000 and hope it works, just to be "different"

now look at me and my car. I'm all about being different. If you were putting an evo motor into a galant, or dodge colt. I'd say badass. But your putting a lancer motor into another lancer, for more money than the evo cost in its entirety. Plus after you put it together. its not going to be as reliable as it was in its stock form. Being different is awesome. But wasting money isnt lol. the 13,000 you are putting into a 250 evo motor. you can do my motor build for half the cost and have 400-500 whp.

Like i said, being different is cool. But wasting money sucks. I know this first hand. No matter what you do. Good luck.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

heres one done recently to a older oz rally. this is in my lancer club

http://www.sclc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7877