Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

piggy back!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2011, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really? Rrm helped me even though I got mine second hand
Old Jan 21, 2011, 08:27 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mani3461
If you get a piggy back ECU (RRM) and install it yourself, do not cut in you ECU wiring harnest like I did.
Get a ECU Patch/Extension Harness, I just wished someone would have told me about that before I did the work on my car (AEM have some availlable).
If you get a RRM ECU second hand, it`s a good deal, but make sure you get the fuel map that comes with it. I was unable to get any help from RRM on mine.
Emm
That's odd I've talked to them before about this and they said they would reflash the piggy for my particular car for a small fee. Like buying a 4g94 piggy and they would reflash it for a 4g69.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 06:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
That's odd I've talked to them before about this and they said they would reflash the piggy for my particular car for a small fee. Like buying a 4g94 piggy and they would reflash it for a 4g69.
Yup, me too when I was considering buying a used Piggy. I was quoted $40 for the update to the PB and would also have to pay for shipping to and fro.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by veloracer
Yup, me too when I was considering buying a used Piggy. I was quoted $40 for the update to the PB and would also have to pay for shipping to and fro.
this is the same thing they said to me when i asked if i could buy a piggy for a 5speed to have it reflashed for the automatic map