Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Car loses power around 5,800rpms

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2011, 04:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
and this is why i bought the RRM cam instead of trying to figure out this headache lol
Old Aug 4, 2011, 04:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Darewood
*ahem* your first post made it seem like you had the camshaft installed. Way to get me confused
He has it on, just he's not the one that installed it, his mechanic did it.

I think we should come up with a list with how many of us are having this issue listing our setups and place a service call to Delta, Ken seemed a knowledgeable guy.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 04:57 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
*ahem* your first post made it seem like you had the camshaft installed. Way to get me confused
Lol I have the cam installed, I was referring to not yet having the valve spring spaces installed......

Originally Posted by Raikiri
and this is why i bought the RRM cam instead of trying to figure out this headache lol
Err. Rrm was having problems with their cam that's why its discontinued ,and the delta cam isn't a problem ,not for me anyway...not to mention the price is one sixth the price of rrms....
Old Aug 4, 2011, 05:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I change my camshaft for my brand new delta cams this week.. I finally receive it.. Everybody have loss of power at high rpm? My new reline is 7500... (with hackish reflash) It's good or bAd idea to swap the cam?
Old Aug 4, 2011, 06:21 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
like I said I don't feel a loss in hp on top end but that might be the race p&p head job helping in the equation I have the hackish reflash with the new redline set to 7200....

if you doing the cam install, install the #10 ss spacers for the valvesprings to help with the noise
Old Aug 4, 2011, 07:09 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
If you don't already have one (I don't see it in your sig) then it's really time to invest in a wideband O2 sensor. With the type of mods you have you really should be monitoring/logging your air/fuel ratio so you can get it properly tuned.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 07:28 AM

Adrealy have aem wibedand . I have 3 set of chim per each valve put when I ported the head. So I dont suppose to see a lost of power with the cam with my built?
Old Aug 4, 2011, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Darewood I honestly think you should swap in the stock TB and give that a shot.

I was able to see what AFR what hovering at in the top end and I was running lean. And while you're doing that clean the MAF and air filter. Weed out as many variable as possible.

As for the RRM cam, I don't know of anyone who has it that has dynoed it. Most likely due to the fact that they're broke afterwards...

FYI - Our motor is stroker motor, raising your redline to 7500 rpms most likely will not net you anything and could potentially be dangerous.

Last edited by Ralliartize It; Aug 4, 2011 at 07:55 AM.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by otter
If you don't already have one (I don't see it in your sig) then it's really time to invest in a wideband O2 sensor. With the type of mods you have you really should be monitoring/logging your air/fuel ratio so you can get it properly tuned.
I will be investing in one soon! Are they hard to install? Ill search

Also I wish I had my stock TB just to test it out. I don't want to buy one if it doesn't help lol.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
seems to be a lot of negative side effects from the larger throttle body, and no evidence of worthy power gain, so i'm going to stay away from that one, but still waiting for you guys to work out the kinks on the camshaft, cause i'm still interested in a cam.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Cranswick my camshaft is working just fine. I will be doing a little bit of cam gear tuning in the next few weeks then I'm good to go.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by Ralliartize It
Cranswick my camshaft is working just fine. I will be doing a little bit of cam gear tuning in the next few weeks then I'm good to go.
i'll keep my eyes open.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

So I've been messing around just seeing what works and doesn't. It seems if I have my throttle about 75% I can redline at 7,200 with no sudden power loss at 5,800. But if I put full throttle it loses power at 5,800. So I'm assuming it does have to do with the TB?
Old Aug 5, 2011, 01:29 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I will be investing in one soon! Are they hard to install? Ill search

Also I wish I had my stock TB just to test it out. I don't want to buy one if it doesn't help lol.
Not terribly hard. Only tricky thing is that you'd need to have an extra bung welded to your exhaust (pre-cat, if you have one) to put the sensor into. Or, you could find a wideband that also has narrowband output and use that to replace your stock front O2 sensor.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I've been messing around just seeing what works and doesn't. It seems if I have my throttle about 75% I can redline at 7,200 with no sudden power loss at 5,800. But if I put full throttle it loses power at 5,800. So I'm assuming it does have to do with the TB?
I don't think it has anything to do with the TB. When I installed my delta cam I had the stock TB for like 2 weeks and it was the same, loosing power. After I installed the GT TB still the same...

Quick Reply: Car loses power around 5,800rpms