Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

:helpme: Injen CAI, sudden bucking and stalling

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2016, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
:helpme: Injen CAI, sudden bucking and stalling

Just put the Injen CAI on my 04 Ralliart. I took it for a drive and filled up on gas. As I was leaving I really went hard on it, hit the Limiter (not entirely intentional) and suddenly the car started bucking around 3k, every gear. i let it idle, it has a hard time idling and ends up turning off half the time, i start slowing down to hit speed bump or stop sign and it stalls. i disconnected the second tube and put the filter on as a short ram and in runs a bit better but still does all the same as above. Its dry out so i know i didnt suck any water up, Occasionally it does backfire through the intake. i get the feeling when i redlined i managed to jump time and bend an intake valve im not sure, any thoughts? Everything is stock too, no other performance parts on the car. Plugs were done about 2k miles ago along with the valve cover gasket, i have a delphi MAF/IAT (i have the stock one that might still be good if that might be the issue) and i have been having CEL for p0113 (Intake air temp circuit a too high) but this is the first time the car has done this. ive had a short ram on the car since i bought it (came on the car already) and has ran fine, the IAT code just started about a month or so ago and the MAF/IAT didnt fix it either.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fixed it, somehow broke the Delphi MAF when i redlined. Luckily I kept the OEM MAF, put it back in and car ran like a dream.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
did the engine eat any part of the MAF? lol...