Notices

Accolade hood

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2004, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accolade hood

Hey I just bought the accolade hood,and it doesnt fit right its like 12 inches away from closing all the way.does anyone know what to do?
Old Oct 29, 2004, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

12 inches? A whole foot? Um, well, try and see where it's catching/rubbing, and you may have to trim/sand it to fit...
Old Oct 29, 2004, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

You may have to remove the front strut bar to fit.
Old Oct 29, 2004, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

wth? contact accolade. Sorry you found out the hard way, but alot of the oz-rally guys have had fitment issues with there products.

Anways a foot of space is uncalled for, who the hell is making these parts? On there site, it says there products come with 100% fitment, I say get your money back and wait for quality products, there on the way!
Old Oct 29, 2004, 08:54 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Arithmetic
wth? contact accolade. Sorry you found out the hard way, but alot of the oz-rally guys have had fitment issues with there products.

Anways a foot of space is uncalled for, who the hell is making these parts? On there site, it says there products come with 100% fitment, I say get your money back and wait for quality products, there on the way!
We have one of the lowest rate of issues and are one of the highest ratest vendors on the site. Please read my feedback and see all the fitment is perfect comments.... I think he may not be installing it correctly as we have dozens of our hoods installed already.. It maybe something obstructing the closure..

Please email us at body-kit.com and we can advise the proper way to fit and install it...

Last edited by Dave@Accolade; Oct 29, 2004 at 09:05 PM.
Old Oct 30, 2004, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

hey,i just wanted to add that i have a body shop (advanced auto body) workin on my car and there one of the best in the state.Ive seen pro ball players escalades in there porches and a sh*t load of other bad *** rides go through there.They know what there doin.They removed the strut bar,and it still wouldnt fit.Its not rubbing either,its hitting the weather stripping or ( cal ) what ever you wanna call it.they put washers in it to help off set it and see if it would come a little closer and it barly did anything.
Old Oct 30, 2004, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Unhappy

I'm not tryin to **** anyone off and im not talkin sh*t about accolade.I love the rest of the kit I got. I just want the hood to work right,and look good.
Old Oct 30, 2004, 02:18 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by importstylz07
I'm not tryin to **** anyone off and im not talkin sh*t about accolade.I love the rest of the kit I got. I just want the hood to work right,and look good.
Please do email our staff, even if your shop is the best out there they may be missing a crucial step.. so please do email us as we have specific directions..
Old Oct 31, 2004, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

I was told about the fittment issue when I was going to order mine.It wasnt made to fit the Ralliart.The hoods are slightly different than the OZ in size and in height as we have a strut bar.I would have gotten it if My rental would have been a little longer so my body shop could install it correctly and make the proper adjustments.This is what Chris ( I think that was his name) told me would ba a possibility of happening.Accolade makes a great kit undoubtedly.. I just couldnt wait any longer for my car to be fixed from my accident.So I will be getting mine in a few weeks.I dont htink i like that hood much tho after I was coming from a club last night and some girl and her buddies yelled out EVO as I went by.. Its cool at first but it gets old real quick.I am just going to make a Carbon Fiber hood and use that to go with my Accolade kit.Follow Daves Advice and talk to them.They have a specific way of fitting the hood on the Ralliart and your shop may not be doing Accolades specific directions.
Old Oct 31, 2004, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

thanks man,I havent been told any of that beforem,so any info is important to me. I'm still tryin to get ahold of them (but no response yet)
Old Nov 1, 2004, 10:21 AM
Evolving Member

OK im gettin pissed ACCOLADES NOT responding to any of my emails.I dont know what to do I asked for instructions and I've sent them 3 emails.but had no response.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Ya know, it was just the weekend. Maybe now that it's a weekday you'll hear something.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 10:26 AM
Account Disabled

Please give them time, its a different time zone and the business week has just started..
Old Nov 1, 2004, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

ok thanks.Im just in a hurry to get my car out of the shop its been there for a few months
Old Nov 1, 2004, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey importstylz07 tell me how the outcome is and the sucess of the installation.. I might have to get the hood myself.. by the way how much was it?

Quick Reply: Accolade hood