Notices

How fast have u gone?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2005, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lunchbocks
65mph.

Whoa, don't push yourself too hard there, ya might blow a head gasket at those speeds. Crazy!

Seriously, um, I think I've gone about 122 in My ralliart. I was late for work. I looked down and saw my needle over 120 and realized that I was coming up on a possible cop spot so I slowed down. Anything over 120 is too hairy for me.
Also, I heard our tires are rated at 130 but I see someone already posted that. A tire blowout at 138 mph could cost you your life. Not worth it in my book.
Old Feb 23, 2005, 08:43 PM
Evolving Member

for me i cant tell you how fast it was exactly all i know is that it was way past 130 and still climbing decided to slow down b4 the turn tho =\
Old Feb 24, 2005, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

205kph in my ES and 225kph in a buddy's RA!
in the RA havent lost to anyone except for a modded sh1tvic who slowly crept up at that speed
in my ES, i surprised a lot of people but i got wasted by a few cars... not a highway monster.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

by the way for a stock RA i don't see how it's possible to go any faster than 225kph as the car was in the redline by that time... so unless its modded... no way. altho in the ES its the opposite.. it stops accelerating before the redline, 120hp just isnt enough to make you go faster! lol
Old Feb 25, 2005, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

Lets see I blew past my boss and his wife. Who were in a 2004 rental maxima 3.5 on I75 going more than 135mph. With 4 people in my car. My girl friend, my bosses borther, and his girl friend in the back seat going to the detriot auto show. The evo wing really adds to the stability of the car at high speeds.. The friest week I had the car I was showing off with my best friend and had it over 130 and it was a lil scary with the stock spoiler. But with that Real Evo Wing 130+ felt like I was only going about 90mph. Not sure If now I'm more use to the car or if that wing really helped that much.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

Thumbs down

i will once again reiterate that my car, like many of yours, is not fast and i feel no need to beat on it, i've had tranny problems as it is. i just drive it back and forth to school/work, its a good commuter. maybe its the fastest car some of you have owned so you have fun pushing it but it doesnt really interest me all that much, sorry... i'm not exactly old but i've kinda "grown out of" trying to top out my car for the hell of it. i feel more comfortable in a performance car if i'm going to do spirited driving, i stick to the speed limit, i dont need any damn tickets from the ipass frickin tracking device.
You must have a lemon.. It must allso be auto. For u to say a ralliart is slow. makes me think u must not even own one. You have a o.z. rally. A 5 spped ralliart has the same 1/4mile and 0-60 as a 2003 SLK320 witch is a 40K sports car!
Old Feb 25, 2005, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

155 on my bike and 140 in the evo...would have topped it out but I truck decided to pull into the lane and that forced me to stop very quickly.....
Old Feb 25, 2005, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

I went SRS !!!

I dont know how much that is, but the needle was on the SRS LED and the RPMS was a little over 6K, I pretty much think I couldnt possibly go faster than that.

I estimate about 230 KM/H that is about 143 MPH, since the top marked speed in the speedometer is 220 KM/H. WOW !!!

It was stupid, and I wont do it again, I just felt I had to do it at least once
Old Feb 25, 2005, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mitsubishi Guy
You must have a lemon.. It must allso be auto. For u to say a ralliart is slow. makes me think u must not even own one. You have a o.z. rally. A 5 spped ralliart has the same 1/4mile and 0-60 as a 2003 SLK320 witch is a 40K sports car!
borderline lemon, yes, i had one problem that was multiplied by bad techs. and yes, it is a ralliart, and i'm sorry if i dont find it fast and i'm sorry that you obviously have never driven a high performance sports car, and to compare to an slk320, pssh, mitsu will never have that build quality so dont even start, its like apples and oranges man.

i dunno why people are so offended that i dont try to race my ralliart, am i the only one that thinks its just an sporty economy car? come on, a ton of guys on this site have evo's, those outperform the ralliart in every way, shape and form, why is it so hard to believe that the performance of the ralliart isnt particularly impressive to me?

i'm sorry if we view things differently, it shouldnt really bother people, anything positive or negative i say is about a car that i do own, i just think i look at it a little more realisitcally, i swear some of you guys remind me of the stereotypical riceboy who gets an economy 4-cyl, adds some body enhancements, bright paint and a fart can and all of the sudden its a race car.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

borderline lemon, yes, i had one problem that was multiplied by bad techs. and yes, it is a ralliart, and i'm sorry if i dont find it fast and i'm sorry that you obviously have never driven a high performance sports car, and to compare to an slk320, pssh, mitsu will never have that build quality so dont even start, its like apples and oranges man.

i dunno why people are so offended that i dont try to race my ralliart, am i the only one that thinks its just an sporty economy car? come on, a ton of guys on this site have evo's, those outperform the ralliart in every way, shape and form, why is it so hard to believe that the performance of the ralliart isnt particularly impressive to me?

i'm sorry if we view things differently, it shouldnt really bother people, anything positive or negative i say is about a car that i do own, i just think i look at it a little more realisitcally, i swear some of you guys remind me of the stereotypical riceboy who gets an economy 4-cyl, adds some body enhancements, bright paint and a fart can and all of the sudden its a race car.
this is my mind set exactly... but it does not mean im not going to boost the power a little bit.....
Old Feb 25, 2005, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

and enjoy it in the process
Old Feb 25, 2005, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

I was just curious and traffic was pretty spread out on on open road so I just stretched her legs, until a car on a side street pulled out ont traffic really slow i swerved to avoid it, hence causing me to lose control of my highly modified turbocharged civic and hit a tree straight on. I broke both of my legs, shattered my ribs, and suffered a severe concussion which put me in a coma for a week...........Yeah, and since my accident I havent been able to drive stick so I am forced to drive auto. So yeah dont speed like that.......enough with my sad story sh*t. Top speed in the RA, 114
Old Feb 25, 2005, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

are you joking? :-/
Old Feb 25, 2005, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MiVecJohn
are you joking? :-/
No