Notices

Wreck your Ra? Post stories here

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:19 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Ugh, every time I see a new post in this thread I feel ill. TheCanadian - are you going to get another Ralliart?
Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I am driving down the major highway here in Calgary in the fast lane. Driving about 110km/h. Minding my own business. When all of a sudden out of nowhere WHAM! Something hit my car so hard it sent me flying into the middle lane of the highway. I was swerving all over the place, slammed on the brakes and managed to get my car to the shoulder without hitting anyone else. I get out and look at the damage, and it looked like a wrecking ball smoked the front of my ride. The front left fender is gone, the headlight is smashed to pieces, the bumper is toast, hood, fog light, windshield, 2 drivers side doors. My rim is hooped, pushed back about 4 inches flush with the edge of the wheel well. Anyway trying to figure out what happened. Of course nobody stopped, so here is me with my destroyed car on the side of the road. I go walking back about half a mile to look for what i hit, and I found a freaking huge truck tire rim and all. I was wondering what happened, when an EMS showed up and asked if i hit the wheel. guess on the other side of the highway heading North (I was going south) was a tow truck. His rear wheel bolts snapped and his rear dullie came across the median and I hit it head on. It was dark and going so fast that i didn't even see it coming. I am very lucky to be alive. Still waiting on the estimate, I think somewhere in the 10-15g's range.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

Glad your ok.Sure is ****ty that no one stops these days.Especially when someone had to have seen it happen. Your very lucky to come out of this unhurt.

Good luck with your insurance company...... It will suck
Old Dec 18, 2005, 02:33 AM

ya otter i fell in love with my railart so im gonna get a new one, not sure if want a 2006 though, still deciding.
Old Dec 18, 2005, 02:36 AM

eride sorry to say but that sounds like a right off, considering my crash didnt happen at thoes kinds of speeds and they wrote my car off. Is some one gonna take the blame?
Old Dec 22, 2005, 02:57 PM

Well got the quote from the insurance adjuster. Just over 10g's in damage, i am sure this number will jump when the bodyshop does the estimate. How much damage before they write the car off?
Old Jan 6, 2006, 01:08 PM

well mine was over 15g's of damage, so im guessing around 15. got the new 2006 ra now black with 7 window tint and evo8 wing. Is some one going to take blame for your accident eride?
Old Jan 8, 2006, 02:41 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Decided to have a blonde moment one day and not take a turn. Hit a really big curb at a right angle. Popped all 4 tires, cracked all my rims, jammed my right fender so bad my roof caved in, dented the hood, and busted up the whole front end of the car. Lots of subframe damage and some busted hoses. Overall, $6k estimate from the shop. What a day that was.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

testing sig
Old Feb 16, 2006, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

Guys check this ebay page and look at the last pictures after the brake pump module pictures it shows the RALLIART wreck DAMMMM..............

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mitsu...spagenameZWDVW
Old Feb 16, 2006, 07:56 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ciclon1
Guys check this ebay page and look at the last pictures after the brake pump module pictures it shows the RALLIART wreck DAMMMM..............

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mitsu...spagenameZWDVW
That guy has been selling parts off that same ralliart for awhile now. He has an account here.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 12:45 PM

I was out for a drive with my 2 friends in the car. We were coming around a 35 MPH corner at around 45 MPH when for no reason the rear end of the car started to slide. I counterstered into the slide but it went out to fast and ran me into the durt on the side of the road. The car fliped upsidedown and hit a pole with the rear passanger door sending us spinning and landing upsidedown about 3 feet from the pole. Me and the front passanger were fine. The rear passanger side person was lifeflighted and then died. I totaled my ralliart and lost a good friend all in the same night. The moral of this story is nomatter how fast or slow you are going, something can always happen. Drive safe. If you want to drive fast do it on an empty road by yourself or not at all. You dont want to have someones death on your hand.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
wow, sorry to hear jdslancer, i hate to hear stories like that of how easy it is to get killed, makes you really think...hope your alright man. and not just physically. Dont be too hard on yourself, thats a bad road to go down.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 12:58 PM

Dude, really sorry to hear that man. Thats really rough, reminds us how fragile life can be. As for my RA, finally got it back, they other dude took full responsibility and I had everything completly covered.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

that's tough to hear. That's what tracks are made for!

Quick Reply: Wreck your Ra? Post stories here