Notices

Ralliart ECU HP increase?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2007, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ralliart ECU HP increase?

i was wondering what an avg increase in horsepower after adding the RRM ecu is? sorry if its already posted somewhere, ic ouldnt find it.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/Ralliartdyno.htm

the bigger gains will not be in peak hp, but down on the lower end. you could gain as much as 15 to 20 hp (depending on mods) somewhere in your power curve, it all depends.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 10:30 PM

what about the haltech e8, is it worth the extra money as far as gains throughout the whole curve?
Old Apr 7, 2007, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

Only if you're going turbo.

If you're N/A, there is just too many options on the E8 you won't necessarily be needing for all that extra money.

RRM ECU will do the job.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

mitvrx you have the haltech interceptor, is that just AFR like the RRM piggy or does it do more? and whats the diff between that and the E8?
Old Apr 8, 2007, 07:47 AM

i have intentions of going turbo but not in the near future, maybe in the range of 1-2 years. should i grab the haltech now?
Old Apr 8, 2007, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

no, absolutely not. By the time you get ready to go turbo we may have been flashing the ECU for a year. It's starting now, just be patient if you don't need some kind of fuel/timing management yet.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

1-2 years is quite a while, get the RRM ECU. And also, what Dan said. Flashing our ECU has been a long time coming. Even longer for me, cause I know no-one in Aussie will help me out there lol.

R329, check it out: http://www.haltech.com.au/interceptor.htm
Old Apr 8, 2007, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

If you plan on staying N/A I say get it but if you go turbo I would say do everything else besides the ECU since the turbo comes with one
Old Apr 8, 2007, 06:07 PM

anyone know where you can get a t3/4 turbo kit?
Old Apr 8, 2007, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

The Haltech Interceptor is mostly useable for N.A purposes but it can be used for Turbo as well, the results will not be as stunning as say a Haltech E6 which is going to be more functional and offer a greater array of options that will be more than adequate for most turbo kits- the Haltech E8 is a far more advanced ECU and offers so much more but again most people would not use all of the functions available

I think both companies RRM and RPW will be able to give you plenty of options when puttig together a custom kit but just be aware with such a big turbo will give you a lot of turbo lag which is where a very good ECU can possibly help with ingition and injection timing...
Old Apr 8, 2007, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

wish mine could do ignition timing. yours is alot more money, especially shipped to the US and i dont think they have it for an auto yet.

If flashing the ECU comes out and i get it done their will be an RRM piggyback in the FS forum soon

Originally Posted by MITVRX
1-2 years is quite a while, get the RRM ECU. And also, what Dan said. Flashing our ECU has been a long time coming. Even longer for me, cause I know no-one in Aussie will help me out there lol.

R329, check it out: http://www.haltech.com.au/interceptor.htm
Old Apr 8, 2007, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

make that two
Old Apr 8, 2007, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Have you looked into the pricing for what shipping would cost - it is only a light weight product so it should not cost as much as you might think plus the exchange rate in US$ vs AU$ makes it that much more reasonable - but yes it is expensive (Haltech E8) but the Haltech Interceptor is possibly around the same pricing as other similar ones available

With the reflash I am not 100% sure as to what it will achieve my thoughts of what it will be is that it will remove some of the factory items like speed limiter and rev limiter and possible the throttle hang between gears... you would still want to have a p.b of some kind as I would think that you would not want to get the ECU reflashed too many times for each time you modified the engine... maybe the big important stuff...
Old Apr 9, 2007, 03:51 AM
Evolved Member

you need to check out the ecuflash subforum in the evo tuning forum Christine. You can (eventually) reprogram anything you want in the ECU, from timing curves and fuel maps, to special lookup maps for different atmospheric conditions(evo example, who knows with our ECU) essentially wasting any money you previoulsy spent on an add on controller.

Quick Reply: Ralliart ECU HP increase?