Ralliart ECU HP increase? - Page 2 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Ralliart ECU HP increase?

Old Apr 10, 2007, 03:43 AM   #16
Evolved Member

Drives: Evolution VI CP9A

So let me get this right you take your car to a garage that can do this they connect the car's ecu to a computor and alter values in the ecu... do they use a dyno or take the car out for this to give real time road conditions to reprogram the ecu?

will have a look at the ecuflash subforum and try and make sense of what it is I am reading... thanks for the heads up on were to find more info

regards

Old Apr 10, 2007, 03:49 AM   #17
Evolved Member

Drives: your mom crazy with my striking good looks

some of it is very detailed, so don't get discouraged. I pointed you in that direction and I don't even know what they are talking about half the time.

Basically that is the idea. A more accurate description of the process is someone datalogs their car and finds areas of the tune that could be improved themselves. There are lot's more factors involved in tuning the ECU than tuning the fuel controller.

By the time a regular tuner figures out what the hell you want them to do you could have done it yourself. Now if you happen to live near an industry leader such as dynoflash and the ECU was already deciphered they would be able to help you, I just don't have any confidence in the tuners local to me.

Old Oct 11, 2017, 02:18 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by racewayfrantics View Post
i was wondering what an avg increase in horsepower after adding the RRM ecu is? sorry if its already posted somewhere, ic ouldnt find it.
I'm n/a and stock right now but looking for an cai,srs exhaust, and maybe a reflash or new ecu any tips guys? Would appreciate anything.

Old Oct 13, 2017, 02:30 PM   #19
Evolved Member

Drives: on curvy roads

I would check in with OttRalliart and see if he is still doing the program where he rents out the hardware to flash the cars. He and I worked together a while back to iron out the details on a system that uses mostly the same software as the Evo guys. So its all opensource and really easy to use.