Notices

if i remove the cat. what kind of gain do i get?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2007, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MA is the other.. haha
I wanted to run catless with the DP/header combo that RRM sells.. but i already hear pretty loud pops coming from my CBExhaust and i'd rather not attract anymore attention as it is..
Old Apr 25, 2007, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well i do plan to go turbo. and i have heard cars that rund straight pipe with a turbo and it sounds nice. and in the cities around me cops dont really mess with you about the sound until night time. i see catless cars fly by cops all the time. cops in my town look more for cars with body kits lol. ill just take the 89 bucks and uy a tiebar then
Old Apr 25, 2007, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

forget the idea that global warming is a "hoax" to scare us and take a look at the air in China. Tell me that doesn't come from pollution and I will laugh in your face. I keep getting comments from members that reference the fact that big diesel trucks aren't emissions restricted, how does this make your amount of pollution ok? That's like saying the guy that killed all those people at VT did it so why shouldn't I? It's just my opinion but people who run catless on the street are morons. Why would you want to damage the environment for something as trivial as HP when you aren't racing??? morons I tell you, and please don't reproduce. Not only would you produce another potential moron your child will most likely be disfigured do to the inordinate amount of pollution put out by all the morons running catless.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

If you want a better flow than stock and if you have the stock piping buy a High Flow cat 2.5 inch and have a muffler shop enlarge the stock pipe to that diameter only in the cat connections that way you will have a better flow in the cat and not to mention it is a high flow. Save the planet !!!!

I am running headers and a full 2.5" exhaust piping with a 3" cat, 3"resonator and 3" muffler all the connections only are enlarge to 3" that way you will have a deep tone a full flow and enought backpressure and stilll the HF cat
Old Apr 25, 2007, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

on an all motor car there is not much to be gained. maybe 1-2 whp over a high flow car. but on any boosted motors any type of cat is extreamly restrivtive and is killing lots of power. most evos owners do not run cats
Old Apr 25, 2007, 01:56 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Let's not turn this into a global warming debate, that takes away from the original intent of the thread.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

I am still going to sit on my original comments that this should not be condoned by EvoM, just as we can discuss racing on the track but not on the street. Dangerous or not it is still illegal and I think the admin staff would do well taking this into consideration. There is more than enough information to answer his question in this thread, and pollution is pollution regardless of whether or not global warming is a fact.

//off soap box// I won't mention this again on EvoM. I have spoken and I can tell when my opinion is in the minority
Old Apr 25, 2007, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Bold statements Dan. But i don't think Cats are required in every state... i might be wrong though.

If you're planning on going turbo, then get the header setup that RRM sells or have one made, so that you can bolt in/out a cat and a test pipe... i have tons of friends that run that setup and just install the test pipe the night before they hit the track up.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

If you live in California that $80 mod could turn into a $1,500+ fine and courts. Too me it not worth it and I have an Evo
Old Apr 25, 2007, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

+1 to your friends.^^

federally mandated my friend. every state.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

im still up in the air if im going with RRM for turbo though. and well i wont be really track racing lol. a different type heh. but ill wait to drop the cat, ill work on other areas.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

u should get some nice gains...

and by gains i mean fines ...
Old Apr 25, 2007, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DangerousDan
federally mandated my friend. every state.

It may be illegal, but not every state enforces it. Its completely up to the state to enforce it, so technically its all up to the user and his discretion. If you're cautious enough you're fine, MA fine's are BS. You go to court and they just lower the fines to near nothing now-a-days. Unless you're doing 140 on the street obviously...
Old Apr 25, 2007, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Just don't go catless, its simple as that.

Stop trying to find a reason to do so, its illegal and thats that. If it's not illegal in your state, i'm pretty sure it'll come to a state near you.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 10:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by otter
There are a few states I wouldn't even think about running catless in. California is one of them.
LOL i run catless and its fine. been all over cali and had no cop think my exhuast was too loud or asked if i had no cat. I drive by CHP my local Sheriff dept and any PD around and i drive by half throttle and they dont mind. its all the paper work that they dont want to do -lol- well in works in my favor so i dont mind.

Quick Reply: if i remove the cat. what kind of gain do i get?