Notices

04 ralliart parts

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2013, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
don't upgrade calipers...your car is not heavy or fast enough to require multi-piston calipers and larger rotors...if you want to, you could go with OEM parts from an Outlander, i think they have slightly larger brakes...it's not worth it in my opinion...

i don't know enough about EBC pads...but i just go with solid replacement rotors i have centric premium, they're cheap...and Hawk HPS pads paired with a racing DOT4 fluid and sticky tires has dramatically increased stopping power, and reduced my stopping distances...braided lines is another option, i have my technafit kit, but i've yet to install them...
Old Oct 4, 2013, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
don't upgrade calipers...your car is not heavy or fast enough to require multi-piston calipers and larger rotors...if you want to, you could go with OEM parts from an Outlander, i think they have slightly larger brakes...it's not worth it in my opinion...

i don't know enough about EBC pads...but i just go with solid replacement rotors i have centric premium, they're cheap...and Hawk HPS pads paired with a racing DOT4 fluid and sticky tires has dramatically increased stopping power, and reduced my stopping distances...braided lines is another option, i have my technafit kit, but i've yet to install them...

Old Oct 8, 2013, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you want to, you could go with OEM parts from an Outlander
the rotors are the same size, but the calipers and pads are different...

also the calipers are dual piston, tho they are only marginally bigger when mathed out than the stockers, offer better clamping from the dual pistons, and they route differently

iirc for best results use 2000 eclipse calipers and pads(same as on an outlander but I don't know what years on it, but they bolt on directly tho the hose comes off them at a weird angle but doesn't interfere with anything...other years you'll need to fab an adapter to change the type of thread at the inner fender and get new lines iirc)

I know there's a thread about it on here somewhere, I have it bookmarked at work because I wanted to do it on my RA but never got around to needing or doing it

Last edited by nekkidlad; Oct 8, 2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^^^ Ah no.
The disc is larger and to accommodate the larger disc the caliper mounting bracket is different. The pads are the same. Go to Perfect Brakes website and you can confirm the disc size is different and that the pads are the same DP31614C for EBC Redstuff.

Here are the notes I made to myself when I researched this in January 2012.

"MR307282 bracket for caliper to use 11.6 inch front discs.

brackets from a 2005 outlander with 3.0L from junkyard $40.

Just get front calipers with brackets for 2008 Outlander/Lancer GTS then buy new performance discs.
Caveat -----> Do OEM 2006 RA brake lines match 2008 Outlander/Lancer calipers ?"
Old Oct 9, 2013, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
I have to agree with what Crans said. At the beginning of the year I refreshed my brake system. Put Centric Powerstop Rotors and Pads on. Switched to Technafit SS brake lines. And flushed the entire system with DOT 4 brake fluid. And upgraded my wheels and tires. After all that my braking was excellent. And much better than stock!
Old Oct 10, 2013, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

I'd be lying if I said I haven't been attracted by the red Brembo brake calipers, or red calipers in general, so in my search to replace my calipers I came across NuGeon's NHT Premium Powder Coated Brake Calipers (http://www.nugeon.com/products.aspx?i=cc) Any word on these?

Also, I'm pricing the TechnaFit lines now...

Last edited by truthdweller; Oct 10, 2013 at 08:04 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Ive never heard of those... Powder Coating will probably last longer. But I just took all of mine off when I was changing the brake lines over to the TechnaFits. Sprayed them down to remove any gunk, then coated them several times with caliper paint. I think mine still look pretty good... I think we have all be attracted by the big red Brembos at one time or another lol.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

i have my technafit kit, but i've yet to install them...
Wanna sell 'em to me?
Old Oct 10, 2013, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

OEM calipers are about $50 ea x 2 = $100. Powder coat is $80 ea. x 2 = $160 ( http://www.checkerscustomcars.com/), Total = $260.
Powder coated NHT calipers x 2 = $269.99, pressure tested, etc., so the choice is obvious if you are in the market to spend that kind of money.

NHT FEATURES:

100% New pistons and bolts
100% new Pad hardware always included
NHT Anti-squeal kit included
100% Air-pressure tested
Guide bolts 100% tested for function, straightness and alignment
Same piston material as OE Bracket included* If the bracket is included once, it will always be included Castings are either OE castings or structurally and dimensionally identical to OE
Factory has ISO registration(s)
Lean Manufacturing, one-piece flow for exceptional quality performance

Last edited by truthdweller; Oct 11, 2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Hey Josh...I have to brag again about the overnight stay you gave me in Kentucky. Even as short as it was, I really felt spoiled with the accommodations you provided and the nice conversation and breakfast we had at the cafe the next morning. It was a great way to end my trip before returning to New Jersey. Praise God.