Notices

Its a shame

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2014, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
aaaaaaand, you just met ALL of the currently active members...lol

j/k there's a few others kicking around...George?
LMAO!!! Thats pretty much true sadly.
And he pops in still. He posted yesterday in my eclipse thread.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been lurking here for a year. I got an 04 RA with 156k for $3000. I knew it needed a good amount of work but I jumped at the chance to finally get an RA. I was also in desperate need for a car.

So far new alternator, new clutch. I've swapped out the motor mounts for RMM solid mounts (I tried 3 different brands. Go OEM or RMM Solid!), KYB struts/mounts and Tien springs.

I've got a minor scraping issue with my enkei rims I threw one. I have to see about new (shorter) tires if they exist.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 02:30 AM

Just bought a Ralliart

Id like to say hello, Im late to the party bt im new to the site. Im also new to the Ralliart Experience. I just bough a 04 Ralliart About 2 weeks ago and so far its the best car ive had so far. Its still stock but il be looking around the forums to see whats upgrades I can start off with.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 08:56 AM

So I got under my car today for the new muffler install. I cant install a new muffler due the the rust from the piping and bolts. So im going to have to buy a new exhaust.. (no biggie) my question is. Will the OZ rally catback fit on a ralliart?
Old Feb 1, 2014, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
mufflers get welded on what bolts are we talking about?
Old Feb 1, 2014, 11:34 AM

the three bolts at the axle back part.. i was going to remove that part so I can get a clean weld on the high flow muffler. but cant cause of the rust.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

just buy a muffler and a nice tip and have the old one cut off and welded in...there's no point in replacing the axle back section for the sake of a weld...and then to replace the entire catback for the sake of a muffler is even more absurd...
Old Feb 1, 2014, 01:31 PM

Yes I know all of this but I dont want to use the stock piping.. the car came from Kentucky and was abused by salt. I'd feel better just replacing the piping. On craigslist someone is selling a catback exhaust from their oz rally pretty cheap. So, before I buy it I just want to know if it'll fit or not.

Ps. I know the stock piping is made perfect and its a waste to buy an aftermarket exhaust. My old ralliart had a welded on muffler and I was happy with it. Just cant do it this time around.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Triad
Yes I know all of this but I dont want to use the stock piping.. the car came from Kentucky and was abused by salt. I'd feel better just replacing the piping. On craigslist someone is selling a catback exhaust from their oz rally pretty cheap. So, before I buy it I just want to know if it'll fit or not.

Ps. I know the stock piping is made perfect and its a waste to buy an aftermarket exhaust. My old ralliart had a welded on muffler and I was happy with it. Just cant do it this time around.

I don't know for sure, but the chassis is the same, my bet is it's pretty close. the thing that would concern me is placement of the catalytic converter, because the 4G94 has a catted exhaust manifold, so I'm not sure of the position of the downstream cat, or the type of flange it uses. It may still require some fitment, but generally exhaust labour is not too bad, because a good muffler shop should be able to do it fairly quickly. If it's a good deal, then it's not so bad, especially if it's stainless, and includes a resonator.

I take my car to a shop for one thing only, and that's exhaust welding...
Old Feb 1, 2014, 03:35 PM

yeah they do look the same but you're right the flanges may not line up properly.. Im going to call a muffler shop monday and see what they say and go from there i guess..
Old Feb 1, 2014, 06:20 PM

How do I go about getting the Hackish Reflash? I PMed Hackish, but haven't got a response.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

try http://support.fastworks.com/ I forget which email he uses for business, so I won't post it.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
try http://support.fastworks.com/ I forget which email he uses for business, so I won't post it.
Awesome. Thanks man.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am still here...LOL I have been playing well with New Zealand-er, 2 Russians and someone I am not really sure where he is from? all i know is their work is GREAT! I have been testing, on 2 local 4g69 and a 6g75 MIVEC and sent someone from this forum a test definition, if he chooses to speak up that is up to him. Thus far all testing is going with out an issue.

Even though I am testing, at this point I will not be involved. one thing I can say I am very impressed the way the cars feel.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 06:36 AM
Evolving Member

I pop in and out of the forums every once in a while. On a warm summer night, someone destroyed my RA dreams, so now I have a reincarnated 4g69 in a different body.

I'm not the smart, tech guy so I can't offer much in that respect but I'm glad to help with anything I can and I have the Recaro's from my RA still in my garage. I need to sell them and you are right in NC...road trips are cool

Quick Reply: Its a shame