Notices

Its a shame

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2014, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its a shame

Its a shame that the 04-06 ralliart pages are almost dead.. Back in 2003-2006 when I was in the oz rally and Ralliart game these forums were boomin...

PS, last saturday I bought a 05 Ralliart.. Im back!

Last edited by Triad; Jan 30, 2014 at 06:25 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
I'm trolling every day...

like right now for example...
Old Jan 30, 2014, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Lol I stalk the RA boards all day. I thought the general discussion board would stir up some activity.

Congrats on the RA!! Any plans for it?
Old Jan 30, 2014, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
I'm trolling every day...

like right now for example...
lol nice
Old Jan 30, 2014, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by bakuro117
Lol I stalk the RA boards all day. I thought the general discussion board would stir up some activity.

Congrats on the RA!! Any plans for it?
plans are pretty simple. RRM everything.. lol. I bought the car completely stock. My plans is to autocross it. back in the day when I owned one it did very well. this is my plans for now

aem cai
rrm header
magnaflow muffler
rrm crank pulley
rrm ecm chip
rrm timing chip
rrm intake manifold
bc coilovers

ill be ordering all this stuff within the next week or so.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Triad
Its a shame that the 04-06 ralliart pages are almost dead.. Back when I was in the oz rally and Ralliart game this forums were boomin...

PS, last saturday I bought a 05 Ralliart.. Im back!
Hello. Look forward to your inputs.

btw, its always slow here in the dog days of winter - this section really picks up with the warm weather. I've got the RA in my little garage but its too miserable in there with the recent cold snap to finish my projects and post in the how-to. I think a lot of the guys are in the same boat as me, or worse.

That said, you have hours and days of awesome reading waiting in our RA forums.

Last edited by RalliartN; Jan 30, 2014 at 05:57 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 06:18 PM

well ive been on these forums since 2004.. and quit coming here back in 06.. its just different from when I used to be here and now.. thats all im saying.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

before you waste your money, some things have changed in your absence...we can tune our stock ECU's now, so no need for the RRM piggy back/timing box garbage...
Old Jan 31, 2014, 12:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
another thing is... most possible questions that would be asked have been covered a billion times over on here probably so assuming people actually search then theres no reason to start new topics or revive old ones.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 02:56 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hello and welcome back

You should reevaluate your list most of those parts can be had for cheaper else where . For example I have an intake manifold I'd sell you for less than the core charge RRM will have you pay. The piggy is garbage , get the reflash there's even one for sale in the for sale section. Browse through the DIY section here and see the mods you can do will just a little coin. Keep us posted on your progress and post some pics!!!!
Old Jan 31, 2014, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Triad
plans are pretty simple. RRM everything.. lol. I bought the car completely stock. My plans is to autocross it. back in the day when I owned one it did very well. this is my plans for now

aem cai
rrm header
magnaflow muffler
rrm crank pulley
rrm ecm chip
rrm timing chip
rrm intake manifold
bc coilovers

ill be ordering all this stuff within the next week or so.
Yea as previously stated you may want to rethink that "RRM everything" part. We have better options now and the RRM stuff is way over priced.

CAI - there is a mod to the stock air box in the How-To section that probably does the same thing as a CAI and would maybe pass for stock if you do it clean.

Header - Get the OBX header. Its the same thing as the RRM one, and many people use it with success. RRM claims theirs is some how better but Ive never heard any complaints with the OBX

Muffler - the muffler RRM sales I have heard a few complaints on about it rusting and getting holes. Im still on my stock exhaust from 2004 with a 3A racing carbon fiber muffler and I have no holes anywhere... If I was you I would remove the crushed section of pipe under the steering rack, put a high flow cat, and any kind of muffler really.

Crank Pulley - Now it is a good product. I have the RRM one myself but I bought it second hand and for quite a bit cheaper. Now there is another brand people have used as well that can be found on ebay. Does just as well, just as light, and has even been used on turbo applications with no problems.

ECM Piggy and Timing Chip - Look into the Hackish Reflash. A much better method for tuning your car, much more reliable, and has many more options than the piggy back does. You just need a tactrix cable, laptop, and the program from hackish.

Intake Manifold - Now that I have some experience working with local shops I would recommend taking the manifold off of the RA and having it ported and polished by someone local. Would be a lot cheaper... Also while its off switching to the bigger V6 throttle body from a 4G Eclipse GT would be a good supporting mod of the ported IM.

Anyway good luck with your car I hope this helps you to save some money by not paying for over priced parts. IDK what's legal in the autoX class your going to aim for but if its allowed the bigger sway bar from whiteline, rear strut bar, and tie bar really help to tighten up the suspension!
Old Jan 31, 2014, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"RRM everything.." ... yea.. I wouldn't. At least not anymore. Maybe back in 04-06 before we had options. Good luck and post some pics.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 08:52 AM

Wow lots have changed since I've been gone. Yeah I'll get the obx header it's half the price. And I'm keeping my stock exhaust piping just going to buy a high flow muffler for the car. I remember back in the day it was found out that the stock piping is perfectly made and no need to change. I'll look into the reflash software. I enjoy saving money.

Thanks for the info guys. When I get off work I'll post some photos.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

aaaaaaand, you just met ALL of the currently active members...lol

j/k there's a few others kicking around...George?
Old Jan 31, 2014, 09:21 AM

Lol

Quick Reply: Its a shame