Notices

Its a shame

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2014, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by MitsuLance
I'm still here! I lurk daily. I found headers, and a camshaft, on RPW. Expensive, but fairly decent. Anyone know anything cheaper? Or maybe something that works better?
Its really hard to beat the OEM header design. I think the OBX header opens up the top end a bit more. As far as cams Ive only heard solid reviews from RPW, there was a regrind going around for a while but it was causing some weird mivec issues last i remember.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 05:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
i had a 2000 impreza RS and it had really nice seat bolsters as well.
I might have to look at evo seats to put in my car. A guy with a Protege5 has done it already. Searched for a ralliart, one in town same color as my old ralliart, 94,000 miles 5 speed...really good condition for $4K obo. If only I had the money but that quickly went away when my wife said she would kill me if I bought another car...haha
Old Feb 13, 2014, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by nc_bboy
my wife said she would kill me if I bought another car...haha
same reason I had to get rid of the impreza!!! it needed piston rings on one side, and I had not got around to it yet! she wanted the motor out of the garage and the car out of the yard I was going to redneck rebuild it...(manual hone, and new rings, slap it back together) was to be my winter beater.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 05:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
same reason I had to get rid of the impreza!!! it needed piston rings on one side, and I had not got around to it yet! she wanted the motor out of the garage and the car out of the yard I was going to redneck rebuild it...(manual hone, and new rings, slap it back together) was to be my winter beater.
ouch lol I understand that too with one of my cars that I had since high school. It was a 92 E36 BMW 318is coupe. The motor was pulled about 4 years ago and I was just about to buy a M3 motor swap a year ago, but she told me to pick one, get the new motor or get a car that has more room. As y'all can tell, I have a protege5 and no BMW haha.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

I LOVE that P5 too...contemplated getting a 5 speed, (would have been my first stick) before I got my 4G; even test drove it. I may end up getting one sometime. Sucks that the forums are not much help though. I great community makes the car experience better, especially if the car mods are rare and hard to come by.

Also, nc_bboy, if you are up for a road trip, I still have my Recaros from my RA. Not too keen on shipping them.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kapitolralliart
I LOVE that P5 too...contemplated getting a 5 speed, (would have been my first stick) before I got my 4G; even test drove it. I may end up getting one sometime. Sucks that the forums are not much help though. I great community makes the car experience better, especially if the car mods are rare and hard to come by.

Also, nc_bboy, if you are up for a road trip, I still have my Recaros from my RA. Not too keen on shipping them.
Yeah the P5 is great, it really does handle better than the ralliart though. Yeah, well I'm posting more and more on the forums and some people are... but I'm finding some good help. Hopefully it gets better lol. Silver Spring MD? Lol If that is, 5 hours isn't too bad but I would have to figure something out because I would not want to drive 10 hours lol. PM me and we can talk about the seats, I might be interested.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 07:57 AM
Evolving Member

Yep, Silver Spring, MD. I didn't get to push the P5 cause I was looking at a private sale, so the owner was in the car and I'm not the best MT driver. PM'ed you.