Notices

ac compressor burning out. replacement belt to bypass?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2014, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ac compressor burning out. replacement belt to bypass?

i've done some searching and can't seem to find the post or a post for that matter on an ac delete belt. i remember seeing a post a while back with some measurements. i can't remember them. 57" or 59" supposedly one can be found at napa. if i could get any advice i would much appreciate it. thank you in advance.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Ya know I went round and round trying to find a belt for mine because it was squealing and hardly working back around July. Bought ones that were supposed to fit and they were too small or too long. I thought I had finally found one but I ended up ordering a full sized gatorback that solved the problem, because it was my old belt slipping. But I cannot for the life of me remember what size it was that I found would cut out the AC... It was an odd size I remember that much, I think I had to order it from somewhere because AutoZone and Napa didnt have it. If I remember or find a note I made somewhere I will let you know. Maybe someone else on here knows in the mean time.

EDIT:: Although it may have been a more awkward size for me because of the RRM UDP...
Old Feb 6, 2014, 12:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RRM UDP? and thank you for the information. i appreciate it. i just wish there was a company that sold an ac delete kit that i could either buy or try to buy the belt separate.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
why don't you measure it?
Old Feb 6, 2014, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Yea you dont really need a kit. Just a shorter belt. I used string to measure mine when I was looking for the proper belt size. That got me close then it was just trial and error until I found the measurement that put proper tension on the belt. I probably bought and returned half a dozen belts from different stores and in different brands before I figured I knew the right measurement. But I cant remember what it was now because the gatorback belt solved the AC problem for me.

So just measure it and start trying different belts. Unlike other model lancers the Ralliart's belt is really simple to change.