Notices

Steering Column wont go down

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2017, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steering Column wont go down

Hi I have Ra 06 I bought an Evo 8 steering wheel and had to change the steering column from my 06 to a 05 in order to install the Evo wheel , so I just put out the part thats inside the car without disconecting the rack n pinion and etc. and mated that part with the 05 one , but now I pull the lever to change wheel positon up and down and it just go down a little , but as much as when it had the oem column. Anybody experience something like this or know any solution?
Old May 2, 2023, 09:48 AM

Same here, installed a different steering column

Originally Posted by villix7
Hi I have Ra 06 I bought an Evo 8 steering wheel and had to change the steering column from my 06 to a 05 in order to install the Evo wheel , so I just put out the part thats inside the car without disconecting the rack n pinion and etc. and mated that part with the 05 one , but now I pull the lever to change wheel positon up and down and it just go down a little , but as much as when it had the oem column. Anybody experience something like this or know any solution?
the lancer ls column I got appears to be thicker than the stock one, it won’t tilt either it’s stuck in the upmost position. Did you ever figure this out? I think I need to put spacers under the top bolts to make it lower.
Old May 2, 2023, 10:24 AM

Angry

Originally Posted by jordy
the lancer ls column I got appears to be thicker than the stock one, it won’t tilt either it’s stuck in the upmost position. Did you ever figure this out? I think I need to put spacers under the top bolts to make it lower.
Well I heard from members of Ralliart group here in PR that with longer bolts and some kind of spacer they ve solved the problem , but since they figured this out like a few months back and I got this problem since a few years back I kinda got tired of it and swapa my oem steering column back and put an Evo X steering wheel since I found out that it bolts on with no problems or mods , but I miss my Evo 8/9 steering so bad
Old May 2, 2023, 10:46 AM

Well I heard from members of Ralliart group here in PR that with longer bolts and some kind of spacer they ve solved the problem , but since they figured this out like a few months back and I got this problem since a few years back I kinda got tired of it and swapa my oem steering column back and put an Evo X steering wheel since I found out that it bolts on with no problems or mods , but I miss my Evo 8/9 steering so bad
shoot that sucks, I love the wheel so I’m going to make it work. Do you know if you saw a how to anywhere?
Old May 2, 2023, 01:22 PM

Man I ve never seen a how to video on that particular car , all the vids I found are always for Evos the people here said that its a real easy job but I ve never seen it in person and people here doesnt do much tutorial videos either ,
Old May 2, 2023, 07:50 PM

I got it to work

I used a couple washers and nuts that could freely move around the new bolts that I found, spaced it down about 1.5” and now it can tilt lower than stock could 😂 but works 100%
Old May 3, 2023, 05:02 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dang, I might need to check out that Evo steering wheel.
Old May 3, 2023, 05:15 AM

Nice maaan I could ve used that trick before installing the Evo X wheel
Old May 3, 2023, 12:54 PM

Honestly worth the effort

Love how it looks
Old May 3, 2023, 07:43 PM

Dude it looks really clean and waaay down than I remember mine was when I had it , mine kinda was in the way of the cluster and and I had to raise my arm like I was some guetto thug in a low rider car 😂
Old May 3, 2023, 07:45 PM

Dude it looks really clean and waaay down than I remember mine was when I had it , mine kinda was in the way of the cluster and and I had to raise my arm like I was some guetto thug in a low rider car 😂
yea this was it before, exactly how you describe 😂