Notices

Lancershop.com Short-shifter kit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2004, 09:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got it installed. I ended up just cutting the stock shifter in half to get the upper part of the housing off. I dont plan on going back to stock so no biggie.

I was a little skeptical at first about this kit, being that it was so cheap. I have to say though, it made a huge difference. It feels like a gated shifter now. It lowered the overall shifter height slightly and shortened the throws 30%. I took it to the track after I was done and was clicking 12.9-13.0 all night. No more missing second gear at all.

Im completly happy with this set up and would recommend it to anyone. Espicially for the price and the fact it comes with all the bushings you need. You cant go wrong.
Old Sep 10, 2004, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12.9-13.0???

OHHHH you have an EVO! the whole ralliart section thing through me off
Old Sep 11, 2004, 07:28 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by quantum
How does the car feel now with everything installed? I'm curious I'm thinking of buying the kit also.
Everything feels SWEET! Especially after a couple days of driving it, everything on it settled in and loosed up properly, now shifting is ultra smooth and fast. This was an awesome upgrade, especially for the price.
Old Sep 11, 2004, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Just ordered mine today. cant wait to get it in!!!!
Old Sep 13, 2004, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Can you use the factory knob with this kit?
Old Sep 13, 2004, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

i would imagine. the threading is almost always standard. othersie, not many ppl would be interested. plus, they sell the shifter seporate /w other knobs on there site
Old Sep 14, 2004, 01:26 PM
EvoM Administrator

Yes, you can use the stock knob. I decided to use the counterweight knob that came with the kit, since the shifter itself doesn't have a counterweight on it like the stock one does.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 11:08 PM

hey otter, what is the counterweighted knob like that this kit comes with? is it just a plain round aluminum knob?
wouldn't happen to have pics of it would you?

I'm definitely buying one of these kits, I drove an s2000 the other day and was a bit jealous of the short snappy throws.
Old Sep 28, 2004, 10:20 AM
EvoM Administrator

It's just a weighted knob, probably aluminum. It's polished and shiny, spherical, and a bit larger than the stock knob, so it fits in your hand a bit better.

Downsides are the shininess (don't let the sun hit it just right ARGHHHH I'M BLINDED!!!) and the metalness (OWWWW BURNING OWW!!!!). Well, it's not that bad, during the hot days I just point an AC vent at it and it cools in a couple minutes.
Old Sep 30, 2004, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

My shifter arrives tomorrow, I read the posts on replacing the bushings and all, but I wanted to know if someone who installed this shifter couls please do a quick tips or if the instructions are lacking a how to. I know that there are instruction on the how to seciton for the B&M, but I don't know if his tips are valid or if there is something different about this shifter. etc.
Old Sep 30, 2004, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

i ordered mine on the 11th, but they had comptuer probs and lost my order. tried to re-order, but they are sold out. Turns out, since the beginning of this month, they have been selling these like hot cakes! like, about 10/day through the month. thats about the same time all of us relized that this kit works in the RA. I mentioned this to their sales guy, justin. anyway, they could get me the kit minus the shift knob for $99 (save like $10). no bid deal, as i was gonna ditch their knob anyway, so its less waste.

now that they see how the market for Ralliart parts reacts, they are gonna start working on making their other evo parts for the RA, as well. He mentioned getting some CF stuff out asap. /me likes!
Old Sep 30, 2004, 02:13 PM
EvoM Administrator

Just about everything in the B&M howto applies to this install. The only thing that doesn't is that this shifter isn't adjustable like the one in the howto.

Huh, odd that they're out of this kit. I bet it's selling fast after people found that it'd work great on a RA. Funny thing, I received a package from them yesterday, and it was my short-shifter order that I made a month ago... and picked up in person. Weird. So I had this free short-shift kit and BG Synchro shift, but then I had to go and do the honest thing and tell them about it. Damn me. Anyways, once UPS picks this up, they'll have another SS kit to sent out to one of you.
Old Sep 30, 2004, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

i got my energy suspension bushings (stiff polyurethene) for like 26 bucks online, shipped. i don't think i'd EVER pay more than 30 bucks for those bushing. look around, you can do better than $50. heck, draw it up, take it to a machine shop. bet even that would be cheaper.
Old Oct 8, 2004, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Mine just came in today (finally!) Also ddint have the shifter ratainer, but was on the invoice. I called up. They are out of stock. New shipment came in today and its being mailed 2nd day. I'll get the bushings in for now =]
Old Oct 8, 2004, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

here is a like to check out........i have this kit and i love it

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=99196