Notices

Installed new EBC pads...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2006, 11:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by otter
Hey Retro, did you put them on the back calipers, too?
No I didn't... the backs were still had more than 50% on the Hawks I put on them a while back.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
quick question: when u put new pads in, do u guys ever apply the anti-squeel spray/lube on? or do some pads make no squeel at all?
Old Dec 3, 2006, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by samj601
quick question: when u put new pads in, do u guys ever apply the anti-squeel spray/lube on? or do some pads make no squeel at all?
The EBC's have an anti-squeal pad built in. No shimmies or lube needed. Even the directions recommend just installing with NO additional anti-squealers.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 03:38 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I tried using the anti-squeal lube on my g/f's car once. I had never used the stuff and her car was getting noisy. The stuff worked for about a week. It's crap.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

ordered the redstuff a week ago ad they should be coming in this week. got the front set for only 75 shipped. cant wait to try them and see what they're all about.

btw, if anyone wants some bendix ceramic brake pads, pm me. i have only been using them for a while. they are a little better than oem and comes with a warranty replacement pair (when the original dies, they give u another set free).
Old Feb 27, 2007, 02:46 PM
EvoM Administrator

Waiting on mine. Paid $66 for the front (DSM calipers, though) and $58 for the rears, through ajusa.com. Taking their sweet time shipping them, though, which leads me to believe they don't keep them in stock. Hopefully won't take much longer, doing my first autocrossing of the season at the end of March.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 04:02 PM
rdc
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waiting on mine. Paid $66 for the front (DSM calipers, though) and $58 for the rears, through ajusa.com. Taking their sweet time shipping them, though, which leads me to believe they don't keep them in stock. Hopefully won't take much longer, doing my first autocrossing of the season at the end of March.
Sorry for the Off Topic.... I had to wait one month from them to ship my order because they didnt have the rear EBC pads in stock...And I waited a month because I ended up changing the order for some hawk hps rears (which they did have in stock thankfully).
Old Feb 27, 2007, 04:48 PM
EvoM Administrator

Yeah, I left them an e-mail. If I don't hear back in a few days I'm calling them. I've ordered from them before with no issues; this is the first time I've had to wait.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

sounds like we have a winner here for pads anyways...i wonder how good they are on stock rotors tho??? Hmmmm...anyone???? Buehler???
Old Feb 27, 2007, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Glad this thread came up again! Well, it came time to replace my front pads, and yet again I went with the Ultimates... Just couldn't see spending $30 more for less dust. I get Ultimates for $58 shipped. Got Brembo blanks at the same time too, and broke them in good and quick... Once I wash off the "break-in" dust, I'll see how much weekly dust build-up I get! Hopefully nowhere near what I had with the slotted and drilled ones!
Old Feb 27, 2007, 05:35 PM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by SLVROZ_03
Glad this thread came up again! Well, it came time to replace my front pads, and yet again I went with the Ultimates... Just couldn't see spending $30 more for less dust. I get Ultimates for $58 shipped. Got Brembo blanks at the same time too, and broke them in good and quick... Once I wash off the "break-in" dust, I'll see how much weekly dust build-up I get! Hopefully nowhere near what I had with the slotted and drilled ones!
It's still terrible. It takes about 3 days for my wheels to go from light silver to graphite gray.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

yikes...so otter looks like EBC is the way to go i guess...
Old Feb 27, 2007, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

hey otter, so u finally got those calipers installed? how are they? and when u switch, do ralliart brake pads still fit or do u have to use dsm pads?
Old Feb 27, 2007, 07:11 PM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by redlne8
yikes...so otter looks like EBC is the way to go i guess...
Axxis ultimates are fantastic pads. Their ONLY downside is the dust. If you're looking for an inexpensive, high quality, and high performance pad, I highly recommend the Axxis pads. The reason I'm trying out the EBC this time is that I wanted matching pads in the front and rear; Axxis doesn't make pads for our rear brakes. My wheels will be painted black within a month, so brake dust isn't an issue.

hey otter, so u finally got those calipers installed? how are they? and when u switch, do ralliart brake pads still fit or do u have to use dsm pads?
Don't have the pads or brake fluid yet. Calipers are about ready to be installed, though, just need some paint. Will try to take care of that this weekend. Not sure how much longer the pads will take to get here, and the Motul 600 fluid should be here by next week.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 02:16 AM
Evolved Member

As long as this thread came up, I'll do an UPDATE #2.

I've had them on now for 3 months and have done many hard stops now. First, they stop well and haven't faded yet on the street. The dust levels are extremely LOW. I'm talking barely any dust!!! And, my pads haven't squealed once. Overall, I can't recommend these pads more for the street.

The Axxis Ultimates did seem to have a softer more "gripy" feel to them which I liked, but again, the dust build up for just street use isn't worth it to me. If I tracked my car, then I'd have to say go with the Axxis.