Notices

KYB GR-2 and Tein s-tech?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2010, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KYB GR-2 and Tein s-tech?

My rear shocks are going and I am doing some research on replacing them. I'd also like to lower the car at the same time. So if i just bought these http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/200..._absorber.html and a set of the S-techs would that work? Is it ok to just replace the back ones and put the new springs on? Also has anyone used this combination before? Thanks
Old Sep 4, 2010, 09:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eericcc2
My rear shocks are going and I am doing some research on replacing them. I'd also like to lower the car at the same time. So if i just bought these http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/200..._absorber.html and a set of the S-techs would that work? Is it ok to just replace the back ones and put the new springs on? Also has anyone used this combination before? Thanks
my friend, you have to replace everything all at once. its impossible to gauge the life of a strut, so if you do the rear strut upgrade your fronts will not be as responsive to road conditions as your rear. You have to upgrade all around. And when you do the struts you gotta go all the way and upgrade the springs too. Your better off going for a coil over option, more more flexibility in ride comfort and ride height.

http://www.tein.com/tech_info/e06.html
Old Oct 2, 2010, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

I have 93k on my car right now and my shocks are about done. I bought the KYB GR-2 (autopartswarehouse.com has free shipping going on now)for the car along with Eibach Lowering Springs Lowering Springs. Do it all at one time like evo soul states.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 12:31 PM

I have the S-Techs from MAPerformance which are on sale for roughly $70. I've only installed the front springs on the stock struts so far. They'll drop your car in the front a good inch and a quarter.