Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

2009 Ralliart @ tuning tech - Pics

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2008, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dklau33
Can you list out the mods on the car? I'm most interested in the wheel and tire and brake specs. And also the KW suspension!
+100
Old Aug 9, 2008, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Am I the only one that only sees two pics? Rear shot and engine bay... Because I don't see the rims everyone else is talking about
Old Aug 9, 2008, 11:01 PM

yeah those tailights are much better than the stock x's.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 12:15 AM

Any more info and pics??
Old Aug 10, 2008, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

the color looks better then I thought.
Thought it was going to look like that Daytona Orange that Dodge has.
Looks real good, tho.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 08:39 AM

too flashy in my opinion. i wouldnt want to walk to my bright orange car. i'd rather go with something a little more subtle, maybe the graphite gray or apex silver or something.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
do you still have the stock wheels? i will buy them or do a trade...
Old Aug 10, 2008, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

Looks like the wheels are Enkei GTC 01. And looks like a BBK on there. Would be great if the OP can answer the following.

Wheel Size and Offset?
Tire Size?
BBK Brand and Size?
Any rubbing issues with the current setup?
Old Aug 10, 2008, 01:51 PM
Account Disabled

^+1 to that.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dklau33
Looks like the wheels are Enkei GTC 01. And looks like a BBK on there. Would be great if the OP can answer the following.

Wheel Size and Offset?
Tire Size?
BBK Brand and Size?
Any rubbing issues with the current setup?
you should try and PM Robi. He's the one that did most of the wheel/suspension work...
Old Aug 10, 2008, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by o-townFLA
you should try and PM Robi. He's the one that did most of the wheel/suspension work...
Be nice if someone would post the actual specs here -- in the meantime, there are only four possibilities, so far as I can tell:

Enkei GTC 01 Wheels (5/114.3)

18x7.5 comes with 48mm offset

18x 8 comes with 40, 45, and 48mm offsets

Tire Rack recommends the 18x8 48mm offset for the GTS, so here's guessing that's the wheel here. Nice wheel, of course.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 08:40 PM
Former Sponsor

OK in this state (CA) they say "17 will get you 20" so this car at # 18 build (vin = 000018) is at least "legal" to MESS AROUND WITH (and boy o boy is she FUN).
I have some picts with two of these cars in Orange side by side and nose to tail
the stock one looks like your little sister and this car like her EVIL twin (the one with piercings tatoos and adiction to physical pleasure that just wont be satisfied)...lol now that i have labled myself as a conservative white middle (or old ) aged grandpa....to the specs.

This is the car used at the Detroit autoshow and is so early a build that MMA is suprised it made it to my shop (48 miles on the odo when I first picked it up) much less a full track day at WSIR (more on that later)
the car was built BEFORE the assemby line was setup...and as such many parts can and will be different than the final PRODUCTION model

THIS CAR IS ON A DAY BY DAY LOAN TO ROBISPEC AS A TEST VEHICLE
this means Robispec can spend all kinds of $$$'s fixing potential problems as we find them at the race track.
Robispec CAN NEVER OWN THIS CAR (it is a "crusher" vin and MUST eventually be destroyed) just prototype race products and find out potential problems as an "extreme" conditions test car.

#18 was originally provided to Robispec with the request to "please make the show car look more aggressive for MOD".
I AM A FUNCTION OVER FORM SHOP. Bad place to go for a bling bling show car...
and the public saw a "Track pack Ralliart" at MOD
I had a bunch of help in getting this Ralliart going
First as luck would have it, Robispec has an existing partnership with Good Sport Racing and Road Race Motorsports in an 07 LANCER endurance race car. (YES RACE CAR) The suspension on #18 is the one developed through our racing activities and as such performance is the primary goal with ride quality second. It is a prototype KW Variant 3 clubsport coilover with custom valving and a spring package designed to work with the stock swaybars (might be a bit heavy for some users but I think the ride is between a CT9A Evo RS/GSR and MR).
The outlander brakes are the biggest weakpoint in the new Ralliart so any brake solution will need to be TRACK TESTED. after a day at WSIR all I can say is WOW MAN O MAN....these things STOPPPPPPP and are loud as all get out when on the street (but there is a extreme street pad avalible too).
Wheels and tires are Enkei GTC 01 17x8.5 +35 with 245/40/17 REO1R tires. and this is as big as you will get on this car PERIOD...while still providing full wheel travel . This required full rolling of the rear quarterpanels shaving the bumper conection AND the reduced height wheel tire combo to work.. at this height. I do have the car AS LOW AS YOU CAN GO (scrapes on everything exhaust and front lip).. but we are extreme testing NO?
Exhaust is a catbak WITH NO MUFFLER and as such only grandpa robi could get away with driving it around on the street. We have made both an axle back twin and single tip prototyped at East Side Muffler in Palmdale (thanks Joe). We will be working closely with Road Race Motorsports in bringing these to market BEFORE the car is released...so you potential Ralliart buyers LINE UP NOW!
I will be forking this thread to describe the WSIR days and other products we are working on.
PS this car was both VERY fast and a HOOT to drive at the big track at willow springs FAST AND STABLE yes just as fast and stable as it's Evo "big brothers" (it does have a bunch of mods).

Robi

Last edited by robi; Aug 11, 2008 at 02:16 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 12:59 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, thanks for all the great info robi and great work! Good luck with your future work and I think I speak for many when I say we look forward to what you can do with this little brother of the Evo. So far so good.

As far as the wheels and tires, do you think 17x8 +35 with 235/45/17 will work without rubbing or fender rolling on a stock RA? I know the car you worked on may differ from the final production model but just trying to get a gauge what the RA can accept without modification.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 01:21 AM
Former Sponsor

the biggest problem is the total clearance between the trailing arm and the 1" wide sheetmetal lips on the quarter panels...the total dimension is only 235mm....so even with the camber gain its a TIGHT fit on the back end of this car (and not a lot more on the front end) that being said #18 uses 245 wide tires better than almost any car I have driven!
Old Aug 11, 2008, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

17"?
Doesn't it come with 18" stock? but had to reduce the size for function?
I mean... i was actually thinking of sticking with the 18" but by 8. With 38mm offset.
what options would we have for 18"?

Quick Reply: 2009 Ralliart @ tuning tech - Pics