Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

TTP-Engineering looking for '09 Ralliart volunteer!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2008, 05:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edit

Last edited by jmorris1027; Jan 29, 2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jmorris1027
Just remove the chip if your taking it in for work...Seriously its 2 plugs and a wire. You can have it out in like 3 minutes and looking like stock. I keep some basic tools, and my stock stuff, in my car in the event I need to make an emergency dealer trip. It's no big deal.
excuse my ignorance if i make senseless post, im trying to learn as much as i can about the car...so where exactly does this chip plug into? and is it like a reflash, where dealers can detect it?
Old Nov 30, 2008, 07:07 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by IdriveRA
excuse my ignorance if i make senseless post, im trying to learn as much as i can about the car...so where exactly does this chip plug into? and is it like a reflash, where dealers can detect it?
It plugs into the engine wiring harness and it is NOT a reflash. It leaves no traces on the ECU as it leaves the ECU stock.

The ZChip itself contains the hardware that can be modified through software interface that comes with the ZChip.

More information is available on www.zchip.net.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 07:13 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EVO Neil
Technically. yes, but you already knew that. The tuning differences I mentioned earlier in this thread have been answered in this thread:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=384681

I wouldn't want the Evo X Z-chip plugged into my new RA without tuning changes before it's rolled on the dyno. The tunes are quite different!
Without knowing how the ZChip works, nothing you have posted within this thread is applicable.

The differences in ECU mapping is negligible.

The ZChip does not change the mapping within the ECU.

Please stop spreading misinformation throughout OUR thread.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

any CEL issues with just the chip?
Old Nov 30, 2008, 07:25 PM
Account Disabled

any CEL issues with just the chip?
www.zchip.net is the best place for all the answers you are searching for.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

i apologize, ill start using the other site for info.

if its just an easy plug and play device, then it sounds good to me.
ill be jax, fl late dec. so if you need any more labrat 09RA's then, i may be down.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 07:58 PM
Account Disabled

i apologize, ill start using the other site for info.

if its just an easy plug and play device, then it sounds good to me.
ill be jax, fl late dec. so if you need any more labrat 09RA's then, i may be down.
Our next shipment is due in shortly. So keep in touch.

Thanks
TTP
Old Nov 30, 2008, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Without knowing how the ZChip works, nothing you have posted within this thread is applicable.

The differences in ECU mapping is negligible.

The ZChip does not change the mapping within the ECU.

Please stop spreading misinformation throughout OUR thread.
Don't get me started about the misinformation in your first post and I've looked at the charts and the differences aren't negligable. Just like you skated around the posters question about voiding the warraty. You didn't answer the question, just posted up misinformation. Sure you can unplug it and yes it would be hard to detect it was ever installed in the car, but that fact is, it could potentially void the warranty if you get caught using it by a Mitsu dealer.

You want to plug a Z-chip set up for an Evo X into a Ralliart and then dyno test it. While you may be a competant shop, what you posted up doesn't give much confidence. I'm glad to see that you don't want to answer questions about your product that make you uncomfortable.

Over the years I tested many aftermarket-equipped tuner company vehicles as the Road Test Editor for Motor Trend magazine and many, many aftermarket companies used us as their engineering test bed when we discovered that just throwing bigger brakes on the car didn't improve braking numbers and throwing coilovers on a car didn't improve the handling or slalom numbers. Much of the time it had the opposite effect. So yes, I've learned to use logic and question aftermarket tuners because some of them really don't know what they are doing, they are just really good sales people.

I'm not saying you or your company are in this catagory, just that I raised questions because you didn't seem to know the differences between the Ralliart and Evo that could affect the tuning. I was looking for answers...

I'll chime out of future posts in your thread so I won't offend you with my logical questions.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Don't get me started about the misinformation in your first post and I've looked at the charts and the differences aren't negligable. Just like you skated around the posters question about voiding the warraty. You didn't answer the question, just posted up misinformation. Sure you can unplug it and yes it would be hard to detect it was ever installed in the car, but that fact is, it could potentially void the warranty if you get caught using it by a Mitsu dealer.

You want to plug a Z-chip set up for an Evo X into a Ralliart and then dyno test it. While you may be a competant shop, what you posted up doesn't give much confidence. I'm glad to see that you don't want to answer questions about your product that make you uncomfortable.

Over the years I tested many aftermarket-equipped tuner company vehicles as the Road Test Editor for Motor Trend magazine and many, many aftermarket companies used us as their engineering test bed when we discovered that just throwing bigger brakes on the car didn't improve braking numbers and throwing coilovers on a car didn't improve the handling or slalom numbers. Much of the time it had the opposite effect. So yes, I've learned to use logic and question aftermarket tuners because some of them really don't know what they are doing, they are just really good sales people.

I'm not saying you or your company are in this catagory, just that I raised questions because you didn't seem to know the differences between the Ralliart and Evo that could affect the tuning. I was looking for answers...

I'll chime out of future posts in your thread so I won't offend you with my logical questions.
What makes you think that TTP is just going to slap the Zchip on a RA with a EVO map on it?. He never stated that on the first post. All he said that he will do some dyno test and tuning, the same way they had to do test on the MR they got form Mitsu.

You are taking this whole issue about the SST being different too seriously. Just the gearing its different. The transmission still works the same way as on the MR.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

The gearing has nothing to do with the tune.

I looked at the link posted and the AFR is within 0.4pts and ignition timing maps are within 1*.

I agree that those are negligible differences.

From the way the thread reads, the volunteer vehicle is to be used to DEVELOP a map for the car, not to test a 5sp GSR map on an SST Ralliart.

That ASSumption, you developed on your own dude.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

good point
Old Dec 1, 2008, 05:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm with you .
i just dont want to comment yet.
let see how this is will develop.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

Evo Neil ...

This post obviously isin't for you. For those of us that know and trust Scott & TTP, it is fantastic forward movement in the modification of the new RA. I'm sure lots of people are going to benifit from the new ZChip on their RA's as well, after the tune is finished.

Your posts just make other people doubt a qualified and knowledgable shop that has brought in excellent setups for our cars

Anything to help with quick release of parts for new models shouldn't be shot down.

EDIT: As far as them "skating around" the question about warranty, it's fairly obvious that a shop should not publically announce to the world "Sure you can buy it, and take off the Zchip before going to the dealer and they will never know the difference". If you did your own research or took the time to call a shop instead of bad mouth them on a forum, I'm sure it would be throughly explained.

Sorry to rant, and once again goodluck to RA owners and TTP.

Last edited by CanadianEvo; Dec 1, 2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 08:05 AM
Account Disabled

Ralliart testing was completed at 12:45am this morning. Details to follow.

Quick Reply: TTP-Engineering looking for '09 Ralliart volunteer!