Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Water drips thru hood vents onto engine bay

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2009, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no one got my sarcasm? wow...well at least one person got it. It's timing chain, nothing will get on it. Only thing that it'll get on is maybe the alternator and accessories belt. That's not gonna harm anything. Timing chain and timing belts are totally different. There's no way water will touch a chain unless you open up the timing chain cover, which is usually sealed up.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zweetz32
no one got my sarcasm? wow...well at least one person got it. It's timing chain, nothing will get on it. Only thing that it'll get on is maybe the alternator and accessories belt. That's not gonna harm anything. Timing chain and timing belts are totally different. There's no way water will touch a chain unless you open up the timing chain cover, which is usually sealed up.
By all rights, this whole thread should be sarcasm.

However, I must admit that I didn't realize that the Ralliart was using a timing chain, so thanks for the useful info (and I say that non-sarcastically).