Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

2011 Lancer Ralliart?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2009, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Well if these rumors are true and Mitsubishi is indeed increasing the wheel and tire size, it should work without fender modification, they have the time and resources to get a perfect offset and fit.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
It'll take more than a tune for that. Anyways, I think they could fit 8.5" wheels on, it's just a matter of offset. I believe Wheeldude has some 8.5" wheels that fit.
You don't think a tuned ralliart can beat a wrx? They seem to be putting down stock or better than stock evo X numbers with the AMS tune. Either way my real point was that 5hp doesnt mean **** to this community since we can get much more than that relatively easily.

I agree they can fit 8.5 wide wheels, but i think it would be overkill with the current fenders. 8 inches wide would be perfect (for an oem size). Now if they go with the evo fenders, that would be something, but somehow i just don't see mitsu going in that direction with the ralliart.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 02:40 PM

I can't see a 6-speed manual being in the works, even the Evo doesn't have that option. Plus who wants a Mitsubishi 6-speed when their 5-speed is damn near indestructible? The wheels and tires are a bit odd, it's entirely possible that they're moving to an 18 x 8.5 wheel with 245s, just not the exact setup used in the Evo (I think the offset is wrong). The power bump is way too low, I can't see that bringing the car alive like the revised 0-60 times suggest (it gains 5 HP, loses 90 lbs and somehow trims half a second off?).
I don't know about indestructable tho, mine was taking kid of a dump.

Originally Posted by TheDriver11421
You don't think a tuned ralliart can beat a wrx? They seem to be putting down stock or better than stock evo X numbers with the AMS tune. Either way my real point was that 5hp doesnt mean **** to this community since we can get much more than that relatively easily.

I agree they can fit 8.5 wide wheels, but i think it would be overkill with the current fenders. 8 inches wide would be perfect (for an oem size). Now if they go with the evo fenders, that would be something, but somehow i just don't see mitsu going in that direction with the ralliart.
they should have offered wider better wheels & a manual to begin with! why wait a few more years to get another ralliart? evo x's will be cheaper then.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

A new WRX? No, the new WRXs are faster than the STI in a straight line (because they're lighter and require less shifting) and give the new Evos a real run for their money. With just a tune, a Ralliart will definitely be faster but they can't launch worth a damn and they're heavy, both of which hurt the car's ability to get off the line fast. The WRX has a larger turbo I believe as well.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

I doubt that they will be putting Evo Fenders on the RA im just mostly happy about the 5spd manual
Old Apr 8, 2009, 03:11 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by BABYEVO1
I doubt that they will be putting Evo Fenders on the RA im just mostly happy about the 5spd manual
they wont..because then that'll basically make them put the evo or some sort of widebody on it to compliment the evo fenders.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Since car companies like to give **** tunes from the factory, I doubt they'll gain much power without throwing on a bigger turbo.

Also, no one should hold their breath because so far it sounds like total BS anyways.

P.S.
Catpq apparently has a bad azz house.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evocowboy
I don't know about indestructable tho, mine was taking kid of a dump.

they should have offered wider better wheels & a manual to begin with! why wait a few more years to get another ralliart? evo x's will be cheaper then.
I agree on the wheels, but i'm not losing sleep over it. Sure, a manual would've been good on the RA, but i understand why they didn't offer it (at least for now). I'm one of the people that chose the RA for reasons of practicality. If i wanted a manual, evo X gsr's are in a similar price range to RA's, so even if RA's were available with a manual, i would've just sprung for the evo X gsr. Mitsu's just trying to avoid having the RA and Evo directly compete with each other, if that makes sense. nam sayin?
Old Apr 8, 2009, 03:49 PM

if they put the fenders, rims, and a manual on this new ralliart, more ppl would buy the ralliart rather than the vo, and i dont think mitsu would want that to happen. they want to sell more of their evos first. thats y they are skipping shipment on new evos until they sell more.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Why? The Evo has a better engine (better turbo, better exhaust hardware, better intake hardware), better suspension, better brakes and a better drivetrain, the Ralliart isn't a direct competitor.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Why? The Evo has a better engine (better turbo, better exhaust hardware, better intake hardware), better suspension, better brakes and a better drivetrain, the Ralliart isn't a direct competitor.
it does have the better turbo, but....., it has the same engine and cams, the drop in intake filters are the same size, the midpipe on the RA is actually 5mm bigger than the evo X's, the axle back is the same. The drivetrain is mostly derived from the evo 9, and still has ACD. Most of this means nothing for people like me who bought it as a daily driver. But for most people, this car will be modified, and for MOST (not everybody), all they wanna see is high HP numbers, which the RA is capable of since the engine hardware is essentially the SAME...thus aiming it directly at the evo X. Not everybody that buys an evo is a road course/track junky, so aluminum suspension and SAWC means jack MOST of the time. Probably only about 5-10% and thats a very generous estimate of evo owners track their cars.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

lol @ Bashers
Old Apr 8, 2009, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

The R/A also lacks the additional structural support and seam welded chassis of the Evo. But it could be made to be as fast or faster than an Evo in a straight line FWIW.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

it does have the better turbo, but....., it has the same engine and cams, the drop in intake filters are the same size, the midpipe on the RA is actually 5mm bigger than the evo X's, the axle back is the same. The drivetrain is mostly derived from the evo 9, and still has ACD. Most of this means nothing for people like me who bought it as a daily driver. But for most people, this car will be modified, and for MOST (not everybody), all they wanna see is high HP numbers, which the RA is capable of since the engine hardware is essentially the SAME...thus aiming it directly at the evo X. Not everybody that buys an evo is a road course/track junky, so aluminum suspension and SAWC means jack MOST of the time. Probably only about 5-10% and thats a very generous estimate of evo owners track their cars.
The people who bought it as a daily driver are generally the same people who won't mod it making the "it has potential argument" somewhat irrelevant. Most people don't mod anything at all, we're the minority. Sure the car has potential but it's not the raw machine that the Evo is. If you think all the Evo bits are only useful on the track, you must drive very very conservatively around town. Better brakes and better handling are useful everywhere.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RobertRA
lol @ Bashers
Who's bashing?

Quick Reply: 2011 Lancer Ralliart?