Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

ECUFlash and tactrix cable question??

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2009, 07:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by elpoole
load the 1.4 and then load the open port 2.0

open ecuflash and before you try and read the ecu look through the menus and be sure there is nothing that lets you set it to use the open port connections.

Im goin to go outside and check this process myself right now. Ive done it quite a few times that it just connects so I dont remember the details. Ill report back.
Tried it, same thing.
No Settings to change on it.
Old May 6, 2009, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

UPDATE:
I borrowed a friend of a friends laptop (To rule out a computer problem). This guy supposedly has a lot of computer experience, including working on cars computer systems. I showed him what the program did and he said my ECU is locked. Are there any Canadians out there that have flashed themselves and gotten the program to read okay?

Anyone know of anyway to unlock ECU?
Old May 6, 2009, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I flash myself and have no issue. I did have a strange problem in the beggining, it said it needed a bootloader but I let it find it itself and has worked ever since.
Old May 6, 2009, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah unfortunately Ive never had an issue either, It just loaded up and 1,2, I had my ECU flahsed. I do remember downlaoding the wrong version first but as soon as I loaded the 2.0 verison, no probs.

Isnt there a recovery tool in ECUFlash? I do remember that you have to have a ROM loaded to see some of the options.
Old May 6, 2009, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

this MIGHT have nothing to do with hit, BUT in case you have Windows Vista, a simple right-click, run as administrator might fix it.... or running it under "Windows XP Service Pack 2" Compatability mode... I'm just saying.... rule that out just to make sure
Old May 7, 2009, 06:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jazket
this MIGHT have nothing to do with hit, BUT in case you have Windows Vista, a simple right-click, run as administrator might fix it.... or running it under "Windows XP Service Pack 2" Computability mode... I'm just saying.... rule that out just to make sure
Running XP SP3, but thanks for the input. I appreciate any and all the help guys.
Old May 7, 2009, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Are you sure its bricked? Does the car start? Or is it just locked and you cant read it but it works fine?
Old May 7, 2009, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by elpoole
Are you sure its bricked? Does the car start? Or is it just locked and you cant read it but it works fine?
Car starts and runs fine, just cant get it to read. It gives an error, then throws a warning light and a cel light (that's normal though as far as I know.), and air conditioner goes off for a second and idle changes for a second Since it wont read I can't reset CEL (anytime I fill up with gas CEL will clear, so that's no big deal.....done it 3 times now lol). It's very frustrating.

Is it possible for dealer to lock the ECU?
Old May 7, 2009, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

no.

You are trying to read the ECU with the Key in the on position but the engine is not running right?
Old May 7, 2009, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Drows
After hitting read, it asks you to make sure your engine is running correct?
I guess we should have caught this comment. Try with the key on, engine NOT running. Should have more success.
Old May 8, 2009, 07:13 AM
Evolving Member

DOH!

Ok I feel like a total tool now. I'm actually very computer literate, but I have never done any modding to any of my cars before. I TOTALLY missed that and I should not have. I read that and ran outside with my computer and bingo. Read and saved my base flash, and cleared CEL. Thank you for the help guys. Hurts to feel like an idiot, but good to know nothing wrong with my setup heh.
Old May 8, 2009, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Now your good to go. haha, its always the little things.
Old May 8, 2009, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

what flash you go with.. i just got my cable this week and still looking for the best flash i can get emailed.
Old May 8, 2009, 07:11 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jyrk
what flash you go with.. i just got my cable this week and still looking for the best flash i can get emailed.
Its always best to be custom tuned by a competent tuner in person on a quality dynamometer such as a MD or DD.

If there are no competent tuners in your area, we have Eflash mapping for Ralliart 09 available.
Old May 10, 2009, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Drows
DOH!

Ok I feel like a total tool now. I'm actually very computer literate, but I have never done any modding to any of my cars before. I TOTALLY missed that and I should not have. I read that and ran outside with my computer and bingo. Read and saved my base flash, and cleared CEL. Thank you for the help guys. Hurts to feel like an idiot, but good to know nothing wrong with my setup heh.
So, how it working now? What flash did you go with?