Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Rockford Fosgate System

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2009, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rockford Fosgate System

I've been searching around trying to find a full feature/spec list of the RF audio/nav system that's installed in some of the Lancers. But I can't seem to find anything. Does anyone have any info they can link me to? Specifically, I'm wanting to find out about these features in particular:

iPod connectivity -- whether the RF systems have an actual iPod interface.
Car stat readouts that can be displayed.
Real-time information displays for city weather and traffic info.

I've played around with the RF nav when I test drove a Lancer a while back, but I saw this video of the 2010 Altima's Bose system and totally fell in love with it. I don't even know if you can purchase Bose systems separately (I was thinking you can't for some reason) but it's way up there on my list of awesome things I can't have...
Old Dec 4, 2009, 02:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd also like to know that the MMCS is capable of. I haven't been able to find an online manual or guide so I could get to know the system better. Anyone got a link?
Old Dec 4, 2009, 07:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by harrytruman

No, just line in - iPod connectivity -- whether the RF systems have an actual iPod interface.
Some - Car stat readouts that can be displayed.
No - Real-time information displays for city weather and traffic info.
I'll see if I can find the details on what it can do, but I answered the your questions above.

For the stats, you can see things like more detailed MPG info, environmental stuff (temp, altitude, etc), and there is a lap timer. Also, you can change some settings on the car that I don't think you can do without it (blink 3 times on touch, auto unlock, speed sensitive wipers, etc).
Old Dec 8, 2009, 07:58 PM

Woah, that Bose system looks really nice. I just purchased a 2010 Ralliart with the Navi and RF system. Don't know the full capabilities yet but I'll see if I can help you out. I get the car on Saturday!
Old Dec 9, 2009, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bose

Buy
Other
Stereo
Equipment

or else you'll have a

Bad
Or
Sad
Experience
Old Dec 10, 2009, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by ralliartblitz
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bose

Buy
Other
Stereo
Equipment

or else you'll have a

Bad
Or
Sad
Experience
Yeah, it's not so much the system that I liked; it was the nav display. It's such a slick interface. And it just looks damn nice.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by harrytruman
Yeah, it's not so much the system that I liked; it was the nav display. It's such a slick interface. And it just looks damn nice.

Salesman really buttered you up huh.. cuz its one of the worst navi systems i have ever touched, its sad when my phones navi is 100x better. But i guess to each his own.. it could be decent if its one of your first.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jyrk
Salesman really buttered you up huh.. cuz its one of the worst navi systems i have ever touched, its sad when my phones navi is 100x better. But i guess to each his own.. it could be decent if its one of your first.
I've never used it. All I said was that it looked nice. Though the direct iPod interface is always a plus.

To be fair, though, any in-car nav system that I look at will automatically suck since the advent of the iPhone + Google Maps combo. Maps is enough for me, but Android phones have Maps Navigation which kicks the crap out of car nav even more. It's a shame that Maps isn't being put on in-car nav units yet...