Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

RA Complaints Thread

Old Dec 25, 2009, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the only 2 complaints I have are the brakes, and i wish they had made more room for wider wheels and tires.
Old Dec 25, 2009, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

idk if any one else has this problem, but almost everytime i get in and out of my RA i seem to shock myself lol. idk if its the way my butt slides off the seat and grab the door but it happens often
Old Dec 25, 2009, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ralliart87
idk if any one else has this problem, but almost everytime i get in and out of my RA i seem to shock myself lol. idk if its the way my butt slides off the seat and grab the door but it happens often
i have it this problem too. mostly when it's more humid than not, obviously. it has happened to passengers too and it makes me chuckle.
Old Dec 25, 2009, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Does anyone else get annoying with the weather stripping at the front of the hood? I get little twigs and crap stuck in between the weather stripping and it is a pain to clean.
Old Dec 25, 2009, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PCToolsWiki
Does anyone else get annoying with the weather stripping at the front of the hood? I get little twigs and crap stuck in between the weather stripping and it is a pain to clean.
I haven't had anything get stuck there yet actually, but my car is rarely around trees or anything so that's probably why. =)

-Taranis
Old Dec 26, 2009, 09:20 AM

+1, i feel like im playing russian roulet every time i put gas because i sit back in my car while its filling and then when get out and grab the fuel nozzle "snap"...one of these days its gonna happen
Old Dec 26, 2009, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

This happen to me with this car and my previous Lancer. It got so bad that i would literally tap my fingers against the car 1st b4 i open or close the door. I figure either way i would look stupid as hell so why not go the route where i wouldn't feel pain .
Old Dec 26, 2009, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by 505RA
+1, i feel like im playing russian roulet every time i put gas because i sit back in my car while its filling and then when get out and grab the fuel nozzle "snap"...one of these days its gonna happen
Yeah, don't do that. Things like this may happen...
Old Dec 27, 2009, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

Im just glad here in new jersey its against the law to pump your own gas. i never thought about blowing yourself up from static charge, CRAZY ****
Old Dec 27, 2009, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Im just glad here in new jersey its against the law to pump your own gas. i never thought about blowing yourself up from static charge, CRAZY ****
It's illegal! I can't stand when other people put gas in my car since i'm afraid they'll put something other than 93 in
Old Dec 27, 2009, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tjac357
It's illegal! I can't stand when other people put gas in my car since i'm afraid they'll put something other than 93 in
Rightfully so, as it does happen fairly often. =)

-Taranis
Old Dec 28, 2009, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by OctaneBlueRA
Interior rattling, fat spoiler which blocks the middle of my rear view vision, needs launch control for drag strip

yea that thing does get in the way some time
Old Dec 28, 2009, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The ralliart is a great car but when it came down to it i couldnt pull the trigger i got my 09 gts for 19500 otd with sunroof and rockford fosgate package. for the extra 5k+tax i just couldnt justify spending that for only about 70 more hp and awd. its a great car dont get me wrong but if it had some of the things everyone mentioned in the thread I probably would have bought it.

things needed

-more hp to compete with wrx
-projector/hid standard (fuc*in Mazda 3's that are 12000 dollars have projectors !)
-better seat design dont use stock lancer seats (i hate the stock seats, Recaros are much better which is what i got now)
-wider fenders / wider stock wheel ?
-maybe not a BREMBO brake kit but maybe a "Ralliart" one something different than the gts
-consider using a different material than the suede seems to attract dust and hair easily
-better warranty ? (not that its of much use)
- and of course manual transmission.

I also would like to think the ralliart will hold its value like evos do (considering Mitsubishis do not hold their value well period) but i have a feeling were gonna see that the ralliart wont be much higher than the gts...ive seen 2 people already on this forum try to sell their brand new RA's with <6k miles for somewhere around 19-22k and had difficulty selling them (ultimately traded them in). just an example, one of those 2 people on this forum had carmax offer him 16k for his ralliart base model, my friend had carmax offer him 14,000 for his fully loaded 08 gts with 12k miles.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lancer0220
for the extra 5k+tax i just couldnt justify spending that for only about 70 more hp and awd.
In my opinion, a 25k Ralliart is a much better deal than a 20k GTS.

Just like you said, for an extra 5k you get AWD, turbo, a high-tech tranny (love it or hate it..), plus a few extras. Those options are probably worth double that, easy.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

first off dont get me wrong, i like the ralliart i think its a great car but i honestly feel it is slightly too expensive for what you get.

5K+, higher insurance, more depreciation less mpg ...not worth it in my opinion

base price for a ralliart is 27435 plus tt&l after the current 2k cashback(ends 1/4/2010) thats 25,435 taxes are about 2k so that puts u back at 27,435...dealer is gonna throw the 2k u get in your face as a good deal already and odds are the lowest your gonna get it at is 26k

for 20k OTD i got sunroof rockford

had the HP been closer to that of a new wrx and little things like HID/projector standard I may have reconsidered.

the best buy is a used evo x gsr with 20k miles...now thats the better deal, your gonna mod and void your warranty any way and dont say an evo x cant be bought for 25-27k because they are popping up all the time. insurance is just to high drives the cost of ownership through the roof.

edit i hate when people say they can get something for XXX amount and never give a source. here is 1 example.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...item518f6ae820

brembos, enkeis, wider fenders, projectors, rockford, tuned/modded, fog lights , recaros, and only 13k miles all for the same price as a ralliart.

put 13k miles on your base ralliart and the most a dealer is gonna give you is maybe what you owe but probably closer to 20-22k since they will try to sell it for 24k.

Last edited by lancer0220; Dec 28, 2009 at 11:09 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RA Complaints Thread