Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

RA Complaints Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2009, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so put another couple of thousand into it get BOV, the evo turbo, and ECU reflash, and boom you better than the WRX.

olus WRX are ugly...but i did wish it had a little more kick
Old Dec 28, 2009, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Lancer02: The brakes are not exactly the same on the Ralliart. The rotors are but thats it.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wasurumo
so put another couple of thousand into it get BOV, the evo turbo, and ECU reflash, and boom you better than the WRX.

olus WRX are ugly...but i did wish it had a little more kick

the wrx are ugly no doubt, by no means am i saying wrx > ralliart i still love the ralliart over the wrx i like how you put it "i wish it had a little more kick" perfect wya of saying it. not trying to bash rallliart owners i envy you i wish i had the resources to get one but at this time in my life its just not practical (just got engaged, paying my fiances 07 scion tc we bought , bought a house and now in the process of planning the wedding).
Old Dec 28, 2009, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lancer0220
the wrx are ugly no doubt, by no means am i saying wrx > ralliart i still love the ralliart over the wrx i like how you put it "i wish it had a little more kick" perfect wya of saying it. not trying to bash rallliart owners i envy you i wish i had the resources to get one but at this time in my life its just not practical (just got engaged, paying my fiances 07 scion tc we bought , bought a house and now in the process of planning the wedding).

I just got lucky some old dude trashed my corolla so I bought this with the payment.

I like WRXs but they need to change the body style already.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

id probably get a ralliart or an x too if i had my car totaled and got a pay out
Old Dec 28, 2009, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Oh, I'm not arguing that you can't get a better deal on a used X or IX (you can, I've seen plenty).

I guess my line of thinking is a little different. If I bought a GTS, I'd have to spend a ton more than $5k to have as much fun driving and modding the car.

My car (after tax, title, rebates, etc) cost me $25.5k. Insurance costs me under $80/month.

I haven't done any research, but how much HP can you push with bolt-ons/tuning the 2.4 4B11 before you have to look for a turbo kit? Since the RA comes stock with a turbo, making more power is a lot easier in an RA than a GTS.

Plus, doing donuts in reverse is no fun
Old Dec 28, 2009, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by velocityhead
I haven't done any research, but how much HP can you push with bolt-ons/tuning the 2.4 4B11 before you have to look for a turbo kit?
4b12
Old Dec 28, 2009, 05:48 PM

My battery cover was partial loose, so I ended up taking it off and left it off for good.
Old Jan 1, 2010, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

Must be nice to only pay 25.5 k for a Raliart. Mine cost me $38,900 after tax and I did Not pay the extra $7000 they wanted for the crappy Rockford Fosgate and Nav Setup. I shopped around and found that there just was NOT as much mark up as I had thought as I contacted Dealers all over Canada and all the prices were within $1800.00 from highest to lowest even then I would of had to take time off work to drive it back from another part of the Country. Just made sense to buy it local as it would be serviced local and all.

Had the Money for an Evo originally but after the Wife got it through her head the Bank was actually gonna give me the money she decided that part of the money would go to getting her car bodywork, paint job windows tinted etc... LOL ! So let's just say the Rali art was a comprimise. Happy Wife = Happy Life
Old Jan 1, 2010, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

$38.9K?? Damn....and the USD and CAD are pretty close in value right now, too. For once, I'm actually glad I'm in the US.
Old Jan 1, 2010, 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

$38.9K?? Damn....and the USD and CAD are pretty close in value right now, too. For once, I'm actually glad I'm in the US.
Its not even exchange rate...we just get raped north of the border. Even on cars built in Ontario (i.e. honda or toyota or GM)

38.9k? wow and i thought i got bent over lol
Old Jan 1, 2010, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Holy crap... I could've never bought my ralliart if it was that much!!
Old Jan 1, 2010, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

In my opinion, a 25k Ralliart is a much better deal than a 20k GTS.

Just like you said, for an extra 5k you get AWD, turbo, a high-tech tranny (love it or hate it..), plus a few extras. Those options are probably worth double that, easy.
Same with you. I test drove a lot of cars before I bought my ralliart. I test drove the GTS and for the price they were giving me, the Ralliart was a better deal. For a fully loaded GTS they wanted 22-23K and for the ralliart that I bought they gave it to me OTD 24.6K.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 11:48 AM

damn 24.6 is cheap!! i thought i got a good deal, i paid 27.4, but i got the recaro AND the navi option, but they did have to do some work with my trade in value. i was 4 grand upside down on my trade, so i guess i bent them over
Old Jan 2, 2010, 12:34 PM
Account Disabled

im in canada, and piad 32 for mine, with recaros and hid's (base package here)

i assume jackel got the premium with nav, leather, roof, fast key, and system.

Quick Reply: RA Complaints Thread