Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

RA Complaints Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2010, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't like the way the SST shifts sometimes. If you're coasting around 50..60km/h in the city the tranny shifts to 5th and 6th gear very quickly, keeping RPMs around 1400..2000. This is way too low, making the engine rumble and the car completely nonresponsive to medium throttle input. If you want it to go even a tiny bit faster you have to either downshift manually or floor the throttle.

An issue related to this is the glovebox rattle, owing to the low RPMs :/

When the engine is still cold this issue is gone, the car shifts just as I would.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
should've made some padding behind the exterior door handles.... the area back there looks like wolverine went retarded on it. I blame the wedding rings; I knew getting married would bite me in the butt one day...
Old Aug 18, 2010, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by roversix
should've made some padding behind the exterior door handles.... the area back there looks like wolverine went retarded on it. I blame the wedding rings; I knew getting married would bite me in the butt one day...
http://cgi.ebay.ca/08-09-Mitsubishi-...ts_Accessories
Old Aug 19, 2010, 05:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by brads09lancerGT

Thank you! I'm guessing those are pads based on the link wordage... my work's server blocks ebay (yet let's facebook go) so I'll have to wait to see this...
Old Aug 19, 2010, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by roversix
I dun have a wedding ring, but wolverine did the same thing on my car... =(
i guess owning a Mitsubishi = be less perfectionist
Old Aug 19, 2010, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

luckily I haven't experienced most of these issues *knock on wood*

But the oval stock exhaust tips bother the crap out of me. I just think it looks cheesy when automakers in general put a larger cheap tip over the actually exhaust tip to make it appear larger than it really is, but yet the real tip is still visible...

just another reason to upgrade
Old Aug 19, 2010, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

WORST PROBLEM with the ralliart is:

1 "Is that the new EVO?".

2 "No dumb*** its the Lancer Ralliart".

1 "What's that?".

I gotta say that pisses me off more then anything. I just agve up and say its a Lancer. Nothing more, Nothing less.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 01:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One further issue came to mind:

Say you're waxing your car, and you'd like to listen to the radio at the same time. Have you guys found a way to do this, my problem is that in order to turn on the MMCS you have to turn the key to ACC position, and if you open the driver's door the car starts beeping like crazy.

I'd just like to have the doors open and listen to music, is that too much to ask
Old Aug 20, 2010, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ArtofRalli
WORST PROBLEM with the ralliart is:

1 "Is that the new EVO?".

2 "No dumb*** its the Lancer Ralliart".

1 "What's that?".

I gotta say that pisses me off more then anything. I just agve up and say its a Lancer. Nothing more, Nothing less.
You're not an official RA owner until this happens to you 10x times. Suprisingly...no one has asked me if I've got the new EVO in awhile now! .

It might just be Michigan roads, and one of the costs of being my DD, but my front end takes one HELL of a beating. I was washing it yesterday, and I found so many rock chips on the bumper cover...and not just where the paint flakes off - but there's plastic missing in a couple spots. Ick.
Old May 27, 2013, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

Does anyone experience a slight shimmy in the steering wheel? I know this can vary depending on tires/allignment/balance, but I've changed tires and done multiple allignments/balances.
Old May 29, 2013, 03:42 AM

Danike,

When you get your wheels balanced, are they balanced on a road force machine? My local tire shop is pretty good at balancing but after I got my hankooks installed, I got wobble at highway speeds. Took it in after 50 miles and asked for a rebalance on the road force machine. They covered the difference and sure enough, right front was off balance by a lot.