Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Need advice asap!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2010, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Call the police and report it. It won't do much though, you will still have to pick up the bill with your insurance so hopefully your premium is not too high. But it will make your insurance go up still since there is no proof that it was caused by another person.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jkennedy293
I would try calling your insurance company. They have a whole fleet of lawyers lying around just for this sort of occasion.
yes,yes,yes...your insurance is gonna find out about the incident anyways, so get them involved and utilize them for what you pay them for every month!
Old Mar 11, 2010, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

dude .. that sux a$s ... I had that happen a short while ago on another vehicle. The other insurance company said the same thing. I argued with the manager for about 45 mins, but got nowhere.

Then, I decided to take the care into the dealers and have them inspect and send out a repair quote. The idea was to take that quote and send to the other insurance company. While I was talking to the collision expert at the dealer, she told me that the reason that the insurance companies tell you that it should be repaired and not replaced is because about 90% of the people will walk with the money and not actually repair the car. Therefore, the insurance company will pay out the lower cost between repair and replacement.

I had my bumper replaced and was 100% covered. If the other person is at fault, then the other insurance company have to pay 100% of the cost to replace.

I hope that helps ....
Old Mar 11, 2010, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when in doubt lawyer up. insurance companies dont play ball with regular people but once they see all your information being sent to them from a law office they begin to play fair.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

yes, if you get pissed real bad just hire a lawyer or just threaten them by calling a lawyer infront of their face =)
Old Mar 11, 2010, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had Allstate try to screw me the same way when one of their clients rear ended me. they even wanted to have a bumper MADE to replace mine. i was like, hellllll nooooo, you're going to put what was on the car back on the car. i told them they were going to buy a brand new mitsubishi bumper because my car had a mitsubishi (jdm) rear bumper on it before their crackhead client (guy driving was on drugs, went to jail for it after the accident) hit my car. needless to say, i got a brand new JDM rear and no further problems.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 09:11 PM

Since your car is brand new they dont make any other brand bumpers, enless its aftermarket for a bodykit so they have to use oem parts. or u should call and talk to the person that runs the show.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 12:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my advice is stop parking by other people. thats what i did for the first year i had my gts, but now i'm selling it to get a RA and theres not a scratch on it! now that i say that, i'll be backed into by some fat *****. karma, fml