Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Looking to buy a 2011 RA but worried about reliability

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2010, 01:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OP please dont buy a mitsu. get a genesis and go complain on gencoupe.com or something
Old Sep 6, 2010, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Wow. I want to be the first to say welcome, but seriously u came off wrong in your first post. I can out sell you on a Honda from personal experiences that I and other ppl have ACTUALLY gone through thus proving that all makes are prone to defects so don't be fooled by BS on the internet. I too was looking at the Genesis coupe and still think it is one the sexiest cars on the market right now but it was super slooooooow and didn't give me the performance i was looking for, also as stated before the blind spots was a problem but it is a coupe. I suggest you go on their forums and see the pros and cons to that car.

I owned a used 03 Lancer for almost 5 years before the RA and even though there was a time where i neglected it, the car got me where i needed to go without any issues what so ever. The only time that i really took it to the dealer was to get my fluids flushed, timing/acc. belts, and new cat which was all done at 6x,xxx miles. It did rattle a bit and the sunroof had a minor leak right before i traded it in at 8x,xxx miles. My friend has the same model Lancer and is well over 200,000 miles right now as we speak. I think most of us have rattles and paint chips on our RA's but like NFS said you can cover the car or keep it in the garage. My brother has the new Altima and it suffer from the same paint issues.

My advice to you is don't buy the Lancer if you are so scared of it. Or you can actually drive it and make an educated decision if you as to whether you like to car or not.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 07:21 AM
Evolving Member

I'm sorry but if there's every a mitsubishi vs subuaru or something else, go for the latter. You don't deserve a mitsu.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 08:36 PM

Just picked up a used white 09 Ralliart stock, one tiny hood paint chip, no rattles, runs like a dream. Deciding factor for me on most big purchases is where something is made. Japan dude. Japan.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 09:42 AM

My 09 RA has less than 20,000 miles on it and it is currently in the shop for the third time with transmission issues. It would never record any codes so the dealership was baffled and didn't know what to do. The second time I took it in, they re-flashed the ECU in the hopes that it would fix the problem. It didn't, the tranny fritzed out on me again today and by the time I got it to the dealer it wouldn't drive at all (I had to coast the car into the service area). Other than the problems I've been having with the SST, I love the car. If they do offer it with a manual in '11, then I would highly recomend getting it with the 5 speed.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 10:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Update: I figured out what was causing the rattle in the dashboard. There was a plastic zip-tie holding a ground wire to a tube that wasn't cut and was rubbing against the plastic. I had no clue that such a seemingly insignificant problem could be that irritating.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by erics01
My 09 RA has less than 20,000 miles on it and it is currently in the shop for the third time with transmission issues. It would never record any codes so the dealership was baffled and didn't know what to do. The second time I took it in, they re-flashed the ECU in the hopes that it would fix the problem. It didn't, the tranny fritzed out on me again today and by the time I got it to the dealer it wouldn't drive at all (I had to coast the car into the service area). Other than the problems I've been having with the SST, I love the car. If they do offer it with a manual in '11, then I would highly recomend getting it with the 5 speed.
They still havent fixed it. I say try to get a new tranny. The TCU is probably acting up.