Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

***Welcome New Ralliart Owners***

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Topdown
GST Basemap... its free and for a non-modded car I have read that its comparable to the AMS - all info I have read though, not personal experience, yet.
Ive herd the same, anyways Hey I'm new. Just picked up a WW RA last week. My wife loves the car as do I. We have already been talking about mods. She agreed that a ecu flash is a good idea. We called around here but no one wants to touch the car here in Libertyville, IL. So we're thinking about just getting the ams one sense we can't find a anyone or a place to help put the gst map in for us.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Stevendjen
Ive herd the same, anyways Hey I'm new. Just picked up a WW RA last week. My wife loves the car as do I. We have already been talking about mods. She agreed that a ecu flash is a good idea. We called around here but no one wants to touch the car here in Libertyville, IL. So we're thinking about just getting the ams one sense we can't find a anyone or a place to help put the gst map in for us.

I recommend this for tuning.

Ok, So the 5 items I needed and where I found was the cheapest.

OpenPort 2.0 at https://www.tactrix.com was $188.90 shipped to the house.

Innovate LC-1 Wideband Sensor #3769 on ebay for $132.95 w/ free shipping
http://www.ebay.com/itm/INNOVATE-LC-1-LC1-LAMBDA-CABLE-O2-WIDEBAND-SENSOR-3769-/370521485756?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr&ha sh=item5644cd31bc - I have not installed it yet but will when I have time.

EvoScan, it's $25 no matter how you look at it.

GST Pill $30 w/ shipping.

Laptop - Already own one.

So a total of $376.85 + Laptop = unknown

I ordered everything and installed it, the install of the GST pill was easy. It was AMAZING on the difference of how my car feels.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...t-basemap.html
Used the 2009 USDM/CADM - 91 oct - GST Boost Pill Upgrade - V2.5
Old Oct 28, 2011, 09:10 AM

Fuego, thank you. I'll let my better half know what you said and the prices.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Fuego
I recommend this for tuning.

Ok, So the 5 items I needed and where I found was the cheapest.

Innovate LC-1 Wideband Sensor #3769 on ebay for $132.95 w/ free shipping
http://www.ebay.com/itm/INNOVATE-LC-1-LC1-LAMBDA-CABLE-O2-WIDEBAND-SENSOR-3769-/370521485756?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr&ha sh=item5644cd31bc - I have not installed it yet but will when I have time.

EvoScan, it's $25 no matter how you look at it.

GST Pill $30 w/ shipping.

Laptop - Already own one.

So a total of $376.85 + Laptop = unknown

I ordered everything and installed it, the install of the GST pill was easy. It was AMAZING on the difference of how my car feels.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...t-basemap.html
Used the 2009 USDM/CADM - 91 oct - GST Boost Pill Upgrade - V2.5
Thanks for the links. Sounds like the most cost effective mod!
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Stevendjen
Get in-touch with Devin or Kristin at Boostin Performance. They're a vendor on the site here and work on a few of the Ralliarts that are around here on the forums, as well as other Evos and DSMs.

Great shop and people, in Addison, IL, so it's only about 30-45 mins from you. Their work speaks for itself on my car and many others.

Of course, if you feel like driving further and spending the extra money, there is always AMS out in West Chicago too. They've been doing this forever and their track record shows the caliber of their work as well. They just seem to be moving their focus to the high-end car models lately...
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:37 AM

Hello all i am a new ra owner since oct 2011 i found a used ra at the dealer. my car is near 30k miles and i was looking for some info on the 30k mile service, if anyone can point me in the rite direction i appreciate it thanks
Old Nov 27, 2011, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Fuego
...and get the OBD2 extension cable from Tactrix online store while you're at it.

Rich
Old Dec 1, 2011, 04:44 PM

Hey all, New RA owner here. Got mine used with 33k miles on it.

So far it runs pretty great, really enjoyable, but I do have questions

I'm planning on flushing out the transmission and replacing the fluid (just incase the dealership or previous owner didn't do it) and while i'm there, i'm thinking about replacing the intercooler. I'm not planning to race it or drive it hard, but I'd like some security knowing that my tranny wont fail (planning on keeping it for a LOOOONG time). What brand of intercooler does anyone recommend?

On the subject of transmissions, I hear people have different ways of driving. I hear people drive it in sport because it keeps the RPM's high, and doesnt shift as often, causing the tranny to not overheat, and that when at stop lights or long stops that you should kick it into neutral to save the clutches. Any of this true?

I plan to keep the car for the long run, and really don't want to spend 12k on a new transmission lol.

also, real n00b question here, but I plugged my ipod into the RCA jack, but i can't find the button to switch it from the radio to the mp3 player. Which button do I press ? I hit the mode button on my steering wheel, but it switches from radio, to cd, to radio, with my mp3 player plugged in. I also have the base model radio.

Thanks.

Last edited by TheHoodieGuy; Dec 1, 2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 12:38 AM
Account Disabled

well just here to introduce myself, from ma, owned a 2008 lancer sold it now own a 2010 ra sportback, havent done any upgrades except springs, not sure where to start alittle bit nerves to do any mods to engine, dont want to mess it up plus ive read stuff about the sst tranny, so as time goes by and we get to know each other then maybe there could be some direction, well here i am

Old Dec 2, 2011, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TheHoodieGuy
I'm planning on flushing out the transmission and replacing the fluid (just incase the dealership or previous owner didn't do it) and while i'm there, i'm thinking about replacing the intercooler. I'm not planning to race it or drive it hard, but I'd like some security knowing that my tranny wont fail (planning on keeping it for a LOOOONG time). What brand of intercooler does anyone recommend?
I don't know if there's a confusion in terminology or function here, but the transmission runs with a transmission fluid cooler and the engine uses the intercooler to cool the charge-air coming from the turbocharger.

If you don't plan on racing, the stock transmission cooler will be just fine, but you may want to consider adding an electric fan to the back of it to help with airflow when the car is stopped for extended periods or in very hot temperatures.

As far as intercoolers go, the stock intercooler is tiny by comparison to any available through the aftermarket. Again, though, if you don't plan on racing the car around too much, but would like some added security, you'd probably be best to look into getting a used stock intercooler from an EvoX in the "For-Sale" section here on the forum. Its a very affordable upgrade and requires minimal work. Check this out: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...tercooler.html

On the subject of transmissions, I hear people have different ways of driving. I hear people drive it in sport because it keeps the RPM's high, and doesnt shift as often, causing the tranny to not overheat, and that when at stop lights or long stops that you should kick it into neutral to save the clutches. Any of this true?

I plan to keep the car for the long run, and really don't want to spend 12k on a new transmission lol.
This is kind of a debated topic here. Keeping the car in sport mode will keep the trans from shifting as much and will keep the shifting more firm, limiting clutch slip, but can cause an uncomfortable ride in stop/go traffic and the herky-jerky movement can be a pain to manage if you're not familiar with it. At a stop, or coming to a stop, there's no reason to put the car in neutral. You're not going to generate enough heat to cause any damage, and if you have installed a fan to the cooler, as I earlier recommended, then you will have that much more assurance that you'll be just fine. I personally have 30k HARD miles on my car, and there are others on here with many many more, with little to no issues with our transmissions. It seems to me that the ones that went bad had flaws from the time of production and the failures were not directly related to driving style or modification (though heavily modified and driven cars may have been prone to fail earlier than others)

also, real n00b question here, but I plugged my ipod into the RCA jack, but i can't find the button to switch it from the radio to the mp3 player. Which button do I press ? I hit the mode button on my steering wheel, but it switches from radio, to cd, to radio, with my mp3 player plugged in. I also have the base model radio.

Thanks.
Hold down the "CD" mode selection button on the radio face for a couple seconds and it'll switch to "AUX" mode for mp3/iPod/etc. playback

Welcome to EvoM
Old Dec 2, 2011, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

^Ain't chi the greatest
Happy Holidays
Old Dec 2, 2011, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by sstevojr
^Ain't chi the greatest
Happy Holidays
I like him already. Thanks alot guys.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 10:17 AM

Hi! PROUD new owner of Roxanne, my 2009 Ralliart. Looking forward to upgrades a little at a time!
Old Dec 5, 2011, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by sstevojr
^Ain't chi the greatest
Happy Holidays
x2

@ TheHoodieGuy & pixius - Welcome!
Old Dec 13, 2011, 01:39 AM

hey guys picked up a 2011 ralliart in may. Bought it brand new. very happy with it. when i called the dealerships around me they could not locate one, finally i got ahold of a dealer that could get me one from nj, its a white one..
Not much done to it just a turbosmart bov just installed 2 kicked 10's in the trunk as well as a Pioneer touch screen head unit..bought rims but they didnt fit . next im looking at windows getting tinted and an exhaust then new rims

Quick Reply: ***Welcome New Ralliart Owners***