Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Fuego's Project Car!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2011, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rims

Well here are the two rims i'm thinking of.
http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/pro...oducts_id=5745

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XXR-522-18-1...item4cfa8484a9

Opinions please and yes, I know the 2nd one would need to have the fenders rolled!!!
Old Oct 27, 2011, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Rolled, and pulled depending on what size tire you decide to go with. Would look good if done well, though.

The fitment on the first set is much milder and you may be inclined to swap them out in the future if you are looking for a somewhat-aggressive fitment, so if you plan on going big, you may as well do it the way you want from the get-go
Old Oct 27, 2011, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Snipingdude
wow the rear bumper and diffuser actually looks good imo...see if you can extend your tips out when you get your system man

I agree but if you look closely at my rear lights you will see that their is a gap. This problem with this body kit is that it does not fit the ralliart perfectly, it's to bad that this issue also happens at other parts but is not as apparent! Though, I might remove it and see if I can fix it. If not then we have issues.. lol.... It will be a lot cheaper then getting another body kit, that's for sure.

It would be a rare body kit on the ralliart though.

Since everyone likes it, it's making me very happy now. I did always like the body kit but the issues with it made me whether I should keep it or not.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
As far as tuners go, in TX, you're relatively in luck since SSP just opened up a shop down there, iirc. I say relatively since I don't know exactly where and it is quite a large state (duh) but if I were there, it'd be worth the drive either way...that's definitely the place to go!!

Also, +1 on painting the mesh black. Would clean it up very nicely.
That would be nice! I hope it's close to San Antonio or Houston since my wife has family close by but to San Antonio it's 7hrs and to Houston it's 9hrs. I really hate driving out of el paso because it's nothingness out there. lol I'm more than willing to. I will tell my wife we need a weekend away.

I'm getting plasti-dip soon (bye bye chrome!), should I use that on the mesh?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Sure plasitdip the mesh (does it unscrew?) that will work
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Damn, El Paso it pretty much way the hell out there. Might as well mob it 8 hrs to Plano and go see COBB
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:08 PM

welcome to the RG RA club. check out my username on evoxforums dot com and you can check out my build. I have an X swap and am currently re-tuning and at 340ish whp.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 03:46 AM
Evolving Member

Burn that bodykit with fire

Other than that good luck sir!
Old Oct 28, 2011, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

I have XXR 522 18x8.5. I really like em.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 07:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by richardjh
Is that the stock exhaust, "modified for fit" by having an oranutang swing on the tips?
Clarkson.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by richardjh
Is that the stock exhaust, "modified for fit" by having an oranutang swing on the tips?

That's classic. Imagine the head-scratching by the previous owner when the rear spoiler didn't fit, followed by "I've GOT it!"...

Rich

Might be why he sold it. lol... Works for me! I have PLANS....
It's the stock exhaust currently on it. To quiet if you ask me.
BORLA BORLA BORLA!
Old Oct 28, 2011, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sstevojr
Sure plasitdip the mesh (does it unscrew?) that will work
Yes, it does. I'm going to spray it black till the plasti dip comes in!
Pics should be up tomorrow.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nyczlegacy
Burn that bodykit with fire

Other than that good luck sir!
We can have a bon fire!

EDIT: To clarify I mean the body kit you put up the link for, not the one on the car. The one on the car is ok, but the linked one is
Yea, that clears it up. I love that body kit. Just the cost to get it then painted compaired to making the one I have work is what I am looking at right now. :-)
Decissions Decissions....

Damn, El Paso it pretty much way the hell out there. Might as well mob it 8 hrs to Plano and go see COBB
Yes it is! I love driving but I just hate driving through the desert. Something about it makes me ZZZzzzz. I used to live in NJ, NY, PA and I can drive for hours anywhere around there but here. I hate the drive through the desert. Did I mention it sucks? lol

Originally Posted by pounder
welcome to the RG RA club. check out my username on evoxforums dot com and you can check out my build. I have an X swap and am currently re-tuning and at 340ish whp.
Will do. I'm not sure if I want to do the EVO X swap. To much power in my hands is dangerous. I'm with 03chi-town0Z, lets push the limits of what the current turbo has. Also, If I was to ever do a swap I would go bigger! Which means I would do all the other mods first and go with a bigger turbo. lol.. Why? I don't know it's just me. If I'm going to do it, then go big. I would upgrade the SST trans and a lot of the engine parts! For now, I think I will be happy with what I have.

I'm going over to check your build out now.

So here is an update:
I installed thee EVO X BOV and THE GST pill.
Took me about 1 hour to do it all. the hose were the pill was did not want to come off.

Then I reflashed the ECU with the GST 91 Boost Pill Tune V2.5

Took it for a test drive and it was amazing the difference!
I shifted at 7500 RPMs, not sure if thats good or bad for the car. It was a test drive though. lol....

Last edited by Fuego; Oct 28, 2011 at 08:28 AM.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

I shifted at 7500 RPMs, not sure if thats good or bad for the car. It was a test drive though. lol....
It's all good, I take my car to red-line ATLEAST once a week. Nothing like a Ferrari tune to get rid of carbon build-up
On a more serious note, periodic red-line's is good for a high performance car like this. An easy way to damage the engine is putzing around for a year never going over 3k rpm, then deciding to go drive 'aggressively'. There will be a higher likely hood of an exhaust valve getting stuck from carbon build-up.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

It's all good, I take my car to red-line ATLEAST once a week. Nothing like a Ferrari tune to get rid of carbon build-up
On a more serious note, periodic red-line's is good for a high performance car like this. An easy way to damage the engine is putzing around for a year never going over 3k rpm, then deciding to go drive 'aggressively'. There will be a higher likely hood of an exhaust valve getting stuck from carbon build-up.

Thanks!!! Well, I stopped at 7500 RPMs but i'm not sure what the max RPM was. Was kind of worried about going higher!

Cheers / hold on i'm at work so it's rootbeer!

Quick Reply: Fuego's Project Car!