Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Warranty

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warranty

Picking up my first ralliart soon!
Will DEF be upgrading/modding it and Was wondering if any of you guys have any suggestions as to which parts will void my Mitsubishi warranty? Will most likely save those for last. I live in Canada if that makes a difference.
Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 18, 2012, 04:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HomeMadeWaffles
Will DEF be upgrading/modding it and Was wondering if any of you guys have any suggestions as to which parts will void my Mitsubishi warranty? Will most likely save those for last. I live in Canada if that makes a difference.
Thanks in advance!

How many miles do you have on it? There are certian limits you can do although Mitsubishi are very strict covering warranty when it comes to modding. I had an 09, which I just got rid of for a truck due to their lousy service, and didn't even do any modifications to the car and went through a lot of crap with the Mitsu dealers about covering this and that. It was the most horrible service I have ever gone through after owning a lot of cars in my life. Thier service just plain sucks. So be careful and I am positive that others will chime in and share their mods and what can be or cannot be done while being under warranty. Hope this helps.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 07:13 AM

Cool thanks bud. I'll keep checking to see what others say.
Car is brand new picking it up soon as it gets delivered.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 07:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HomeMadeWaffles
Thanks in advance!
People will wave around that Magnusson-Moss Act but keep this in mind:
1) Dealerships, or more specifically, MMNA will have more money than you for litigation should they deny your warranty
2) If you're concerned about warranty, you shouldn't be modifying your car

It basically boils down to paying to play - yes we're all enthusiasts, but you cannot have your cake and expect to eat it too (you can't modify the car and expect the manufacturer to still warranty it). Some dealerships are more lenient than others but it boils down to MMNA honoring it, not the dealership.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

First thing u have to do if you really want to mod your ralliart, look for the dealership that sells aftermarket parts.

Like here in Calgary, Platinum Mitsubishi sells COBB AP, UR products and any other aftermarket performance parts. If cost alot if you let them do the modding, but I guarrantee you, come warranty claim time, they won't give you any hustle.

Other than that, be ready for the cost of repair just in case things don't work in your way!

It's a gamble after all!
Old Jun 18, 2012, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I am so done with these threads. Please search harder and in the mean time I will try to condense all previous discussion material into one convenient location.