Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Rally Innovations RA Sportback Diffuser - Who wants one

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2013, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rally Innovations RA Sportback Diffuser - Who wants one

Interest for a rear diffuser for the RA sportback has been expressed for a couple of years now with nothing coming to fruition. I contacted Rally Innovations, who makes a rear wing and decklid spoiler for the sportback which I have on my own car, and told them that I believed we could get a group buy going of at least 20 members and they responded by saying that they would produce them if the demand was there. If you have an sportback and would like a rear diffuser, please express your interest here to show Rally Innovations that we have the demand.

Here are some previous threads expressing the interest for a rear diffuser:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...back-time.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...ser-ideas.html

1. ever12
2. robyn402
3. neogeo64
4. Jasoob
5. billyboy1
6. willyj
7. richardjh
8. stundies
9. BravO)))
10. Beka Tsiklauri
11. po_bo

Last edited by ever12; Aug 21, 2013 at 10:57 PM.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

I contacted Rally Innovations, who makes a rear wing and decklid spoiler for the sportback which I have on my own car,
Link to these products, I don't see anything but light bars for scoobies....
Old Jan 6, 2013, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
While this thread may be used for "gauging interest" in a product, it cannot be used in any manor to collect or distribute money in any way without an authorized site vendor to take responsibility.

Once you have a large enough interest that the company is willing to take on your project, you must have a registered site vendor involved as a liason for the actual changing of hands when it comes to money and product.

Last edited by 03chi-town0Z; Jan 6, 2013 at 04:46 PM.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sstevojr
Link to these products, I don't see anything but light bars for scoobies....
Whenever I mention this there is some confusion because they don't have them listed on their website. They have the molds and if you call them up they can make them for you in either fiberglass or carbon fiber.

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
While this thread may be used for "gauging interest" in a product, it cannot be used in any manor to collect or distribute money in any way without an authorized site vendor to take responsibility.

Once you have a large enough interest that the company is willing to take on your project, you must have a registered site vendor involved as a liason for the actual changing of hands when it comes to money and product.
My apologies. Thanks for editing my initial post.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interested, would def like to see a design of some sort
Old Jan 7, 2013, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Whenever I mention this there is some confusion because they don't have them listed on their website. They have the molds and if you call them up they can make them for you in either fiberglass or carbon fiber.
I'll be honest, I don't know a single person who would buy body parts sight unseen. I'd be interested, if they can prove their parts are something worth buying. "trust me" isn't going do it; gotta show parts on cars, etc.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sstevojr
I'll be honest, I don't know a single person who would buy body parts sight unseen. I'd be interested, if they can prove their parts are something worth buying. "trust me" isn't going do it; gotta show parts on cars, etc.
I'm not sure why they don't advertise the spoilers on their website. I've seen them on other sportbacks which led me to place my order. This is my car with their wing and decklid spoiler:

In any case, this thread is to gauge interest for a rear diffuser. I've asked Rally Innovations to create a mock up illustration to give us an idea of what it would look like. There's been a lot of desire expressed in other threads for a rear diffsuer and I'm merely getting the ball rolling on this. I don't have any affiliation with Rally Innovations whatsoever.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ever12

My apologies. Thanks for editing my initial post.
No worries. You SB guys have a limited aftermarket as it is, so you definitely need as much support as you can get, which is why I edited instead of just trashing. Just wanted to make sure you handle it properly before someone else comes in here and closes it up without a chance.

If this garners enough support to have something officially made, it could also lead the way to a proper diffuser for the sedan model, as well, so there are many who stand to benefit from this.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm interested if this is for a lower diffuser that replaces the black unpainted section of our bumper.
I'm not interested if its just a stick on roof type.

Last edited by neogeo64; Jan 8, 2013 at 09:46 AM.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

110% interest for a rear diffuser, especially functional to add rear downforce and replace that cheesy black section around the mufflers. I'd be even happier if it was a nice full wide body kit
Old Jan 8, 2013, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by neogeo64
I'm interested if this is for a lower diffuser that replaces the black unpainted section of our bumper.
I'm not interested if its just a stick on roof type.
This is for a lower diffuser that replaces the unpainted section.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

keen for sure!!
Old Jan 8, 2013, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ever12
I'm not sure why they don't advertise the spoilers on their website. I've seen them on other sportbacks which led me to place my order. This is my car with their wing and decklid spoiler:

In any case, this thread is to gauge interest for a rear diffuser. I've asked Rally Innovations to create a mock up illustration to give us an idea of what it would look like. There's been a lot of desire expressed in other threads for a rear diffsuer and I'm merely getting the ball rolling on this. I don't have any affiliation with Rally Innovations whatsoever.
No problem. Just historically there have been dozens of "let's get xyz made" and the less than a handful have worked. The ones that did generally showed the evolution process
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:22 AM
Evolved Member

Hopefully with rally innovations new promo vehicle being a sb, it might get a bit of traction the diffuse has always been the missing link
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Interested!

Rich

Quick Reply: Rally Innovations RA Sportback Diffuser - Who wants one