Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Paint Flakes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2014, 10:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Paint Flakes

Hi,
I have a '14 Tarmac Black Ralliart. I just noticed a few paint flakes on the hood and one on door corner on rear passenger door. Which sucks I haven't even made a payment yet.
Question, is the flakes on the hook look to be white? So, not sure if how deep that is and the one on the door crease looks brown? I'm not sure about the layers of the paint job and what they look like. Would a simple touch up paint do the trick or should I have dealer fix it?

*Black sux to keep clean, but when it's clean it looks great.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 04:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just take it back to the dealer since it's a new car and you've haven't had it for long. I'm sure they will fix it for you. It might have been damaged from transport or from sitting on the lot.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The nicks in the hood look white, because it is aluminum underneath. I have a ton of tiny chips on mine. Got the first one 1 week after buying the car, and wasn't even driving it fast during the break-in. Our paint is VERY thin, and doesn't resist chipping at all. Scratches show easily as well, so be careful! I keep finding thin white scratches in my paint, likely from the neighborhood kids. I'd give anything for a garage...
Old Jul 2, 2014, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
I use TurtleWax[tm] Black polish - it does the best at covering the myriad of rock chips (previous owner must have followed a dump truck for miles...)
Old Jul 2, 2014, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you ever decide to do it yourself, make sure you get primer, touch up paint, and clear coat.