Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Some stock internals - can my engine handle this?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some stock internals - can my engine handle this?

Hi
I live in Thailand and have an "Evo 6". Its in quotes because we don't have real evos here.
They bring in an evo from Japan but first remove the driveshaft the literally saw the car in half. This is to skip 100% import tariff.
The components are then added to a Lancer GLX. Its all the components of the evo onto the standard GLX chassis and body.
I suppose my first question is, - is my evo less strong because the chassis is a GLX lancer? Or are the chassis the same?
Next question is I want to know if my engine can take a further upgrade. Im thinking of the 272 camshafts.

Here is the current setup:

Evo 6 engine
Evo 9 turbo
rc heat shield
Blitz racing air filter
HKS blow off valve
Works engineering fuel rail
HKS twin plate clutch
HKS boost gauge
Profec b boost controller
Apexi Neo engine manager
HKS fconV ecu (Gold)
Blitz turbo timer
Arp Head Studs
Forged Conrods (cheap brand called maxspeed I think, they came with ARP bolts too)
1.5mm cosworth head gasket (I was told I needed this thicker one for some reason)
1000c precision injectors
Running E85 currently

Im estimating ive got around 400 horsepower on e85. I can't test it because there are no 4x4 dyno tuning places anywhere near so its tuned without this.

The only forged engine componenst I have are the con-rods and ARP head studs

What further modifications do I need to safely install the 272 camshafts which I guess will bring me to about 450 hp? Is my engine good for 450hp or I need to spend a lot on more forged components?

I should add that the block was welded when it was overhauled. Where the water goes to the radiator from the engine block the inlet was corroded and leaking. That was welded up by a machine shop - I understand from my mechanic that they did a good job but could that weaken the engine?

My engine has 200,000kms on it (well according to the dashboard but ive no reason to believe the dash is necessarily form the same car as the other components). It was overhauled in the last 5,000kms. The dash itself, the speedometer only shows up to 180km/hr so I think that might be the dash from the original Lancer not the Evo. I believe all bearings and worn components which would usually be replaced during overhaul etc were replaced with standard evo, non-forged components.

450hp is my goal I don't see any reason to go higher, thank you

I hope someone can point me the right direction, sorry for some of this because I'm a noob. Also I am not Thai and don't speak the language well so I need to ask question here to get some of the information which my mechanic can't explain to me well.

Last edited by ThaiEvo666; Jul 9, 2018 at 12:01 AM.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You shouldn't have to worry much about your chassis. Just make sure your conduct routine maintenance. Now, as far as you achieving 450 horsepower, it can be done. If your installing cams I would recommend upgrading valve springs and retainers too. Also, you need to tune your car again bro. I can't stress how important that is. Its not safe to drive it unless you tune. Your engine should be able to handle the power but that evo 9 turbo is going to be maxed out to achieve the 450 hp goal. Check the turbo for shaft play.