Notices

Clicking Noise When Turning the Wheel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2011, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just found this TSB while searching for other stuff...
NO: TSB-10-26-001

DATE: May, 2010

MODEL: See below

SUBJECT:

CLICKING NOISE FROM FRONT AXLE

This TSB supercedes TSB-08-26-002, issued February, 2008, to add affected vehicles, part numbers and revise repair instructions and warranty information. This is a complete rewrite and revised information is not indicated.

PURPOSE

Customers of some affected vehicles may notice a clicking noise from the vehicle's front while driving at slow speeds especially when turning. It is caused when grease used to lubricate the constant velocity joints thickens during cold ambient temperatures (below freezing). The noise becomes more noticeable as temperatures fall. As component temperature increases while driving or ambient temperatures increase above freezing the noise fades away. There is no damage caused to CV joints due to the cold grease.

AFFECTED VEHICLES

2007 & later Outlander

2008 & later Lancer (except RALLIART)

2009 & later Lancer Sportback (except RALLIART)

REPAIR PROCEDURE

Refer to Section 26 - Front Axle of the applicable Service Manual. Replace components on both sides as indicated in the Parts Information section of this TSB.
CAUTION Thoroughly clean the old grease from joints. Do not mix old and new grease or different types of grease.

PARTS INFORMATION

Use the Genuine Mitsubishi Part listed. |||
Looks like its a simple fix at the dealer. Ill be bringing this up to my dealer when I drop it off for an oil change this week.

EDIT: Damn, just saw it says except Ralliart but it came up when I specifically selected Ralliart TSBs. Ill still bring it to my dealer and see what they say.