Notices

Fortune Auto 500 coilover unboxing

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Finally, Whiteline Rear 24mm and front stay bars. worth it for the ralliart for autox?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crak
Finally, Whiteline Rear 24mm and front stay bars. worth it for the ralliart for autox?
HELL YEAH!
One of the biggest handling changes I made to the car was the 26mm F/ 24mm R Whiteline sway bars. For me personally, I love the go-kart on steriods driving style. Other's prefer a loose tail end and using throttle steering.
Definitely get the rear, the front depends on your driving style.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

I drive more with control and not so much wither oversteer. How would a front sway change? more control? snappier movment?

But hell yeah I read some reviews and guys are raving about getting a stronger stay bar!

Last edited by crak; Oct 11, 2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

A bigger front sway bar pushes the point at which understeer occurs, further out. With the stock sway bar, when you throw the car into a corner it starts to plow pretty quickly. A bigger bar allows for a mor aggressive corner speed before the understeer occurs.
Optimally you want to lower the ride to maximize the benefits, a really good spring like Swift or GT Worx will help.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:44 AM
Evolving Member

damn, sstevjor, you really are convincing me to redo my entire suspension setup...

FA 510's, Whiteline sway bars, should i even bother with rear end links? As far as i know the RA end links are decent.

Has anyone heard of Koni' yellows? Guys in my area are raving about them and I have never seen them mentioned on these forums.

what gives!

Last edited by crak; Oct 12, 2012 at 07:33 AM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

koni's are great, but they don't make them for our cars, which may explain why you never see us talking about them... aside from the once in a blue moon mentioning of them from people wishing they were available.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

FA 510's, Whiteline sway bars, should i even bother with rear end links? As far as i know the RA end links are decent.
Negative, the stocks are too weak. I broke two different sets of stock sized end links before finally getting a beefy set of Racing Line End Links (have held up flawlessly this entire year/season).
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...ll-review.html
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nunyas
koni's are great, but they don't make them for our cars, which may explain why you never see us talking about them... aside from the once in a blue moon mentioning of them from people wishing they were available.
^ In a nut shell
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm hoping to install the coilovers this weekend. Not having a real garage is the worst .
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

Get corner balanced and aligned. Coilovers out the box are all matched to the same height, however in real life each corner of the car is slightly different. If you have the coinage, get a really good shop to do it all (unless you are already a suspension setter-upper type person, I'm not).
I installed the BR's myself when I first got them, rode really rough. Getting them set-up properly made all the difference.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sstevojr
I just wanted to share my customer service experience with FA, even though my coilovers have not yet arrived.
There was an error/mis-communication (whatever you want to call it) with the vendor (third party, I'm not here to flame). After much anticipation, and 6 weeks of impatience, I received my first set of FA coilovers. Unfortunately they were built for the wrong car....back to the drawing board. FA "could" have washed their hands of the situation and pushed back on the vendor to make it right. There was an issue or two there, and as such I contacted FA's customer service department. FA's customer service stepped up and took care of the whole deal, at no cost to me, and threw in some free parts to make ammends. Additionally they rushed the build time to only 3 weeks to make sure the customer (me) was not overly impacted.
If nothing else, it's very refreshing to see a manufacturer stand behind their product/service, when so many fail to in this industry (HKS, MMNA, etc.). I am THRILLED at the opportunity to test out these 510's on the track, and give my feedback. While the BC BR's have been a good "spirited" driving coilover, they never really stood up to the more aggressive driver inputs of track driving (in their defense the BR's aren't exactly "track" coilovers).
Very interested to see how these turn out.. I've been happy with my BR's for the money i paid but i am ready to upgrade to a better valved unit with better springs.. these bc springs seem to continue to settle with time.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

same... While i'm mostly happy with my entry level BCR BR coilovers. I'd like to hear see more on the FA 510s, and possibly dreadnaughts...
Old Oct 25, 2012, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

they dont make deadnaughts for ralliarts only for evolution 7-10
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

and that makes me sad

did anything ever come from those muellerized RA coilovers?

i wonder what setup the US Touring Car Championship "Life's Good Racing" team is running on their Ralliart...

Last edited by nunyas; Oct 26, 2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Fortune Auto 510 Unboxing

To much fanfare.....

500's are Green, 510's are Gold

I got these upgraded with Swift Springs in rates of 9k front 10k rear; also thrust roller bearings on the front to help keep them quiet (anti-BOING)

For a bit of pre-install technical specs:
Rears pistons have ~3.5" of travel (I want to say the BC only have like 2", I'll get measurements when they are removed)

Front pistons have ~4.25" of travel

Well have to see how much travel remains after settled, but from prior/current experience Swift's are amazing at maintaining their rates.
Install is going to be Nov 5th, I have a track day at Streets of Willow on the 24th and maybe at Buttonwillow on the 19th; that leaves ~2 weeks to settle in, sounds about right

Quick Reply: Fortune Auto 500 coilover unboxing