Notices

Racing Line Rear Endlink Install and Review

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2011, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Racing Line Rear Endlink Install and Review

Yello,
So I've finally gotten off my lazy **** and installed these guys, been in my backseat for ummmm about 2 months
Reason I choose now to finally do this, is just this week I've now blown out my second set of stock size endlinks.
Here is a pic showing side by side:

Video of comparison:
[IMG][/IMG]

Video of post install:
[IMG][/IMG]

ENJOY!
Old Oct 29, 2011, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
They look nice any difference in handling?
Old Oct 29, 2011, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

OK I just got back from a drive (for food, but I took a detour )
IMHO if you upgrade your rear sway bar, these endlinks are a REQUIREMENT. The response from the back end is night and day different. Every other endlink upgrade I've ever done for prior vehicles necessitated a 2-3 days settling-in period; they would be quite noisy during that time period. But these spherical type endlinks are solid as they come, don't make a sound, and the grip DOES NOT give up. I'm really impressed with these, and as some of you might know I can be somewhat....critical at times (<--official review)

Last edited by sstevojr; Oct 29, 2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Were you able to install the endlinks with the car just on jacks, or did you have to jack up the control arm as well?
Old Oct 30, 2011, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Just jackstands, exactly as shown
Old Oct 30, 2011, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice, im planning on getting the swaybar somewhat soon so ill have to grab these endlinks too
Old Oct 30, 2011, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Cool. I might have to order these soon as Racing Line has them on sale.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
noob post, anyone know if these fit the NA lancer gts for the Rear also ? they look similar in size and some parts websites are reporting same parts for the rear but i dont trust them.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lancer0220
noob post, anyone know if these fit the NA lancer gts for the Rear also ? they look similar in size and some parts websites are reporting same parts for the rear but i dont trust them.
Yes, they will work.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Good stuff! Do you have the part number for these? Not sure if the evoX ones work for the RA...

Last edited by 2muchboost; Nov 1, 2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, you need the EvoX FRONT end links for the RA REAR sway bar. They are fully adjustable for length (I chose to make mine extra long, bolt locked down at 4 threads) and the bolt is the correct size. If you are feeling uncertain, I would suggest emailing "sales@racinglineperformance.com".
Supposedly the Altima fronts will work for the RA, I can't comment on that. The reason I choose not try this is 2-fold:
1) I have had 0 issues with the front 24mm whiteline bar on soft (2-way adjustable)
2) Apparently the Altima front endlinks require some 'altering'; I seem to recall something about the bolt being too big, necessitating some sort of modification. That is WAY too risky for me.....

Last edited by sstevojr; Nov 2, 2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sstevojr
Yes, you need the EvoX FRONT end links for the RA REAR sway bar. They are fully adjustable for length (I chose to make mine extra long, bolt locked down at 4 threads) and the bolt is the correct size. If you are feeling uncertain, I would suggest emailing "sales@racinglineperformance.com".
Supposedly the Altima fronts will work for the RA, I can't comment on that. The reason I choose not try this is 2-fold:
1) I have had 0 issues with the front 24mm whiteline bar on soft (2-way adjustable)
2) Apparently the Altima front endlinks require some 'altering'; I seem to recall something about the bolt being too big, necessitating some sort of modification. That is WAY too risky for me.....
Thank you!
I just ordered a set

Last edited by 2muchboost; Nov 2, 2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sstevojr
So I should get the EvoX front end links for the rear, and the whiteline sway bar for the front and rear?

What about end links for the front?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Most people only get the rear sway bar, but I got both as I prefer the driving characteristics (feels very tight/controlled, like 'driving on rails'; and most importantly, really got the body roll under control). Use the Racing Line Evo X front endlinks for the RA rear sway bar. As I stated above, I still have the stock front endlinks, as I have yet to find a direct replacement (and I also have had no issues with blowing out the front endlinks).

Last edited by sstevojr; Nov 2, 2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

nice work mate - have just upgraded the rear sway bar, however after reading your posts, the endlinks sound like a good idea (and not to mention the front sway bar) cheers for the info

Quick Reply: Racing Line Rear Endlink Install and Review