Notices

THE Complete Evo X turbo swap parts list!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2017, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would you not want to upgrade fuel and air, I've seen on other forums to do your intercooler/piping first.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Jordan12
Would you not want to upgrade fuel and air, I've seen on other forums to do your intercooler/piping first.
You upgrade those first cause those are mods that don't require a tune compared doing the whole swap and tuning
Old Dec 4, 2018, 06:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evo X turbo swap

I'm a little late to the party but I did finally get this done and am in the tuning phase now. I had a cracked manifold, and it seemed like a good time to put on the evo X turbo that was used with about 5k miles i got for 400$ grabbed a stainless equal length header, 3" wide mouth downpipe, CBRD intake (THAT FITS YAY!) the swap kit, Cobb 3 port EBCS, AEM wide band, evo X plugs, MAP UICP... and a few other things.. i think total for all of it wast 1400-1600$ ill have to check. The worst part for me was getting the bolt out on the under side of the stock turbo. that was hell to get out. Everything else went together smoothly, minus 1 little hick-up. The oil hard pipe that goes into the block has and O-ring that I think they call a seal, that was not in my kit. Maybe youre supposed to reuse the old one, but I chose to get a new one. or maybe they forgot it in the kit. Either way I had to order it an wait 4 days. also had to wait on the intake a bit but Chad was cool from CBRD. sent me a better air filter for having to wait, and the fit was perfect so definitely glad I went that route. All in all its a great upgrade. night and day difference. I also added super sport mode to my car. its a new car.. Just barely into the tuning and i believe at 321 HP with more boost available.

I would post some pictures, but not working for me..

Last edited by prozak; Dec 5, 2018 at 09:15 AM.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 09:44 AM

Old Oct 17, 2020, 03:37 PM

I don't want to read through the whole thread just want to ask a question: did You have to replace the rear floor pan to install EVO suspension components to keep EVO suspension geometry?
just asking because i want to start a new project building Lancer stage rally car and all the steering comes from rear suspension.
and yes, i built a few rally cars before but they were subies.
new to Mitsubishi
thanks
Old Jan 2, 2021, 08:05 PM

Need Help !

Hi, you guys can call me moe and I am from USA Chicago . I have lancer Ralliart and thinking of evo swapping soon. But my question is that how em i supposed tune it . Please email me at mziya3997@gmail.com . Thank you !