Notices

NFS Lancer Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:28 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SnipeRA
Whats a good brand/place you recommend as far as upgraded injectors?
ID 1000's is the route we're looking to go.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 03:23 PM
Former Sponsor

The new injectors are on. The boost was raised to 24 psi, and it now produces 317 whp and 320 wtq (according to Virtual Dyno). That will be retested later in the week on the same Mustang Dyno as before. Bare in mind, that was done with no exhaust modification, what so ever. After the brakes and suspension are done, I will go back in with a new exhaust. This thing is an animal. Again, a big thumbs up to CBRD and Spec-Ops. Everything is of the highest quality.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looking forward to see what your going to put down on the dyno.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey man, do you have your VD set to mustang conversion or dynojet? I'm guessing mustang, but just wanna clarify
Old Mar 27, 2011, 09:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
Hey man, do you have your VD set to mustang conversion or dynojet? I'm guessing mustang, but just wanna clarify
Dynojet.

It was just interesting to see what she put down before and after injectors. The ID 1000's made a huge difference. I will have the final numbers later in the week as a before and after comparison for the whole setup. That should be interesting.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA
The new injectors are on. The boost was raised to 24 psi, and it now produces 317 whp and 320 wtq (according to Virtual Dyno). That will be retested later in the week on the same Mustang Dyno as before. Bare in mind, that was done with no exhaust modification, what so ever. After the brakes and suspension are done, I will go back in with a new exhaust. This thing is an animal. Again, a big thumbs up to CBRD and Spec-Ops. Everything is of the highest quality.
In reviewing your post of 2-20-2011 you stated your VD numbers at that time were 305HP and 298TQ, so are you saying the injectors alone picked up 12HP and 22TQ?
Old Mar 27, 2011, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Dynojet.

It was just interesting to see what she put down before and after injectors. The ID 1000's made a huge difference. I will have the final numbers later in the week as a before and after comparison for the whole setup. That should be interesting.
I'd like to see the after results, for sure then. Take a look at my dynojet results in my CBRD thread and you'll see why...
Old Mar 27, 2011, 12:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RideSober
In reviewing your post of 2-20-2011 you stated your VD numbers at that time were 305HP and 298TQ, so are you saying the injectors alone picked up 12HP and 22TQ?
The injectors did nothing but allow me to run a higher level of boost. The stock injectors were not adequate to push the RAD above 20 psi. I am now at about 24 or so PSI. That, in and of itself, has made a world of difference. I agree with Spec-Ops, though, that my stock exhaust is choking this turbocharger. I foresee much better results after that problem is fixed. I just have a lot going on right now, so that will be done at a later date.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 12:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
I'd like to see the after results, for sure then. Take a look at my dynojet results in my CBRD thread and you'll see why...
Eh, the Mustang Dyno here in Durham is a heart-breaker. It reads extremely low, but that doesn't necessarily matter. The point is to get a before and after, and that is really what we are looking for. I bet the numbers will be around 300/305 or so. That is a 60 whp increase and a 50 ft/lb increase in torque. You can apply that to whatever number you achieved with just a boost pill, FMIC, UCIP, LICP, intake, and tune (so basic GST basemap flash modifications). That isn't bad, except for the fact that you can count on spending $2,500 for the full upgrade. However, I feel confident that this path will keep my transmission healthier in the long run. The power level is just about right. After this, I have to make sure that the rest of the car is up to the task of handling that much power. By the Summer, I hope to have a full BBK on the car with front and rear C5/6 Corvette calipers and Evo X rotors, coil-over suspension, wider wheels/tires, and a few other little chassis tweaks. I probably need to look at the transmission, as well. I hope to be racing the Ralliart, before too long.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 01:39 PM
Account Disabled

Thanks again Eric. The car runs great and feels strong for stock exhaust . I can tell you that with an exhaust we're going to unleash some great power!
Old Mar 27, 2011, 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

The injectors did nothing but allow me to run a higher level of boost. The stock injectors were not adequate to push the RAD above 20 psi. I am now at about 24 or so PSI. That, in and of itself, has made a world of difference. I agree with Spec-Ops, though, that my stock exhaust is choking this turbocharger. I foresee much better results after that problem is fixed. I just have a lot going on right now, so that will be done at a later date.
OK, I see now...

So I'm actually pondering this RAD turbo upgrade, and while I am certainly at best only a novice on these matters, I have some questions to perhaps better understand the benefits of this turbo mod.

Would not replacing your stock exhaust/cat alone be expected to have increased the safe boost level? I have read where no changes at all but simply replacing a stock exhaust with a 3" turbo back and HF cat had dramatic increases in observed boost levels. Apparently from the information presented, the suggestion is that reduced backpressure allows more exhaust gas to flow through the turbine generating increased boost levels through out the entire power band.

Also, given that CBRD most likley developed the RAD turbo mod with the intent for it to be used with a full 3" turbo back exhaust and HF cat, would it not be a reasonable expectation that the efficiency of the turbo/boost level might be significantly impeded with the stock exhaust?

And also along these lines, could it also be a reasonable conclusion that in this application with a stock exhaust, the boost level could be further impeded because a disproportionate amount of exhaust gas might be following the path of least resistance and flowing through the waste gate rather than the turbine compressor wheel? Particularly at higher boost levels with increased down stream backpressure?

Sorry for all the questions, but just trying to learn as much as possible about this turbo mod. I am still very interested in the CBRD RAD turbo mod, but just want to better understand the best application of this turbo mod.

Thanks and all the best with your project.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 03:41 PM
Former Sponsor

That is exactly right. It allows me to push more air through without as much back-pressure in the piping. That creates a more stable condition at which the turbocharger can produce peak boost and maximum flow. The exhaust is pushing against the turbocharger, which makes it more difficult to spool.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

sick! nice job man
Old Mar 27, 2011, 05:44 PM
Evolving Member

Are you still on the "pill" or did you switch to a 3port?
Old Mar 27, 2011, 05:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jcusco407
Are you still on the "pill" or did you switch to a 3port?
Manual.

I still have a BNIB 3-Port, though.

Quick Reply: NFS Lancer Ralliart