Notices

NFS Lancer Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2011, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
lol, yeah *Racing* Development. Trying to rush through posting at work and my brain went into default mode...
Old Jun 10, 2011, 06:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sstevojr
meltdown....good bye piston?....I'm assuming this is creative and not literal
Sorry to hear that, keep us updated, and good luck!
No, but not very far from it. The shop and a good portion of the street were covered in smoke. Fun times.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by KeDoSH
who is CHAD?! someones real name or forum name?
"Is it The Chad?"

Rich
Old Aug 10, 2011, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any new updates? Dyno charts with the RAD turbo?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by npham455
Any new updates? Dyno charts with the RAD turbo?
Not yet. I have a few things to work out for the time being. I have been busy as hell with other things, as of late.

The revised goal with this car is to make 400/400 with the RAD. I will be sending off a manifold to GrimmSpeed in the coming weeks. I also hope to settle on a set of aftermarket camshafts. I will also bite the bullet and upgrade the exhaust. I plan to use Ultimate Racing pieces all the way back. I even have a few things from Flowmaster sitting in the garage to help quiet down the drone. I expect that my idea will work like a charm.

If all of that doesn't get me there, I will join the dark-side and go E-85. I have the injectors to accomplish that (fingers crossed).
Old Aug 15, 2011, 05:18 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,044 Likes on 762 Posts
400/400 on pump gas with a RAD? Yea not going to happen.

Even with E85 it's going to be a stretch.

Remember it's "only" a 38 lb/min turbo.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 06:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by razorlab
400/400 on pump gas with a RAD? Yea not going to happen.

Even with E85 it's going to be a stretch.

Remember it's "only" a 38 lb/min turbo.
I have a feeling that you are right. I am going to give it every opportunity to impress me, though.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 01:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA
I couldn't say whether or not that BPV is going to be enough. I have no experience with either of those two.

Again, the Walboro isn't even going to be enough. You will more than likely need a new set of injectors, as well. These are basic fuel system upgrades.

The Hallman is great at keeping boost level very constant. It is also easy to adjust, which was the issue in this case. 19 psi was not what we were aiming for. With new injectors, I hope to be up around 24 or so PSI. That is the goal, anyway.
A crushed EvoX bov will be more then plenty, I'v seen a recent stroker 2.3L build rockin one in the tune of 450whp, but the Synapse DV is sooo soooo sooososososo much better.

I'm running a walbro 255 with a Magnus fuel kit and I'm at 465whp/447wtq on 94 octane, so your good there

Last edited by TheNEWB; Sep 1, 2011 at 01:46 AM.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

still no new developments?
Old Dec 29, 2011, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

His Ralliart was wrecked in an accident, got a GSR instead
Old Dec 29, 2011, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

Though id never wish to be an accident, id do the same.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 06:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by robyn402
still no new developments?

Many new developments. I have a new GSR, and I love it. No more transmission issues (for the time being).

I have a new set of powder-coated (black) AGP pipes, intercooler, and CAI coming tomorrow. I also have a new turbocharger and manifold ordered to be coated and ported with a new WGA. I still have my 3-port BCS and TiAL QR from the RA. I will be handing my new GSR over to Jestr (hopefully) next week to tune everything.

I also had the RobiSpec Clubsport coil-overs corner balanced. The brake are great. I just re-did both the brake lines and clutch lines with Braided-SS lines and fittings. I also replaced the CMC and clutch/flywheel. Exedy Stage 1 is a great clutch. It really is. It is so much fun to drive the car now.

I miss the Ralliart...sometimes. But the truth of the matter is that the Evolution, in terms of how it looks on the inside and out, "feels" the same. Does that make sense? It drives DRASTICALLY differently, but the little things are all the same.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 05:01 AM
Evolved Member

oh wow that sucks... was curious as i've got a RAD lite in the mail and well yours is the only build thread i could find on it
Old Dec 30, 2011, 07:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by robyn402
oh wow that sucks... was curious as i've got a RAD lite in the mail and well yours is the only build thread i could find on it
Keep the stock fuel system, upgrade the ENTIRE exhaust system, upgrade to AT LEAST an Evolution X inter-cooler, make sure that your boost is controlled electronically, and you should be good to go. As a rule of thumb, I keep the boost under 26 PSI unless the head studs and main head gasket have been replaced. Other than that, have at it. It is a blast.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 07:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by CBRD
I would recommend the synapse valve for anything using upgraded turbo..

The cobb works well, but ours has a small leaking issue..

I have found 8 out of 10 stock valves leak ;(

cb
Whoa, I totally missed this post!

The Ralliart BPV will leak. The Evolution X metal unit will hold, but it has a tendency to "fluctuate" boost levels in medium throttle and leak past 21 or so PSI. I have a different take on this phenomenon. According to several people in the field whom I have asked about this, the X BPV is actually designed to leak. With the stock turbocharger (or RAD in this case), the surge coming off of the thing will cause the BPV to "leak". In reality, this is just excess pressure blow-off. The problem is that the BPV doesn't close fast enough to prevent normal boost pressure from escaping. The Synapse Synchronic is able to actuate open and close SO QUICKLY, that this phenomenon is not even noticeable. It is able to create the illusion of linear boost increase across the power band. The stock Evolution X BPV is able to mimic this, but it still closes too slowly. Aftermarket BPV's are even worse, when it comes to this. If you plan to switch to this turbocharger, be warned. The TiAL QR that I had was unable to properly compensate for the turbo surge. It sounded like a rattle snake at half-throttle. It means that I should have gone with a much larger turbocharger. This small snail simply will not ever need one of those large diaphragm BPV's. I learned this the hard way.

If any of that analysis is wrong, I do apologize. It was purely based on observation and research. That is my theory on why the Synchronic is so good. It is, too. You would be hard pressed to find another stock replacement diverter valve. It works the same way that the stock unit does (not really, as it uses a completely different mechanism, but you get the point).

Quick Reply: NFS Lancer Ralliart