Notices

considering 12' ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
There is not enough emperical evidence to say so yet...

A non-turbo engine is more reliable.

A turbo lancer is more fun.

Should these engines go 100K miles? They should. Especially if you maintain properly at the recommended service intervals.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by echo4papa
I'm glad someone picked up on that. Although, I was stationed at Pendelton for 3 years and we had a very nasty rainy season once.

It rains quite often here in sunny Florida during certain parts of the year (like right now) and driving down the freeway during a torrential downpour Monday evening with my new Ralliart was amazing. Set it to Gravel and had absolutely zero issues (outside of visibility on the road).
Yeah, I grew up in FL, but live in Cali now (spent 3 mo. in Pendelton w/ Seps Co btw ). I drove out to FL in June and was greeted with tropical storm blowing through. It was a nice "proper" rain. The slow traffic for that was forgivable, unlike people stopping on the freeway when some spit lands on a windshield in SoCal :\

Also, this AWD system works pretty well in the snow. I got caught in a 2" dusting of snow in the mountains once. It totally obscured where the road ended and the shoulders began. In many areas this fresh snow hid slush and icy patches. I was able to maintain 30 - 35MPH average speed on "high performance summer" tires, where others weren't able keep their vehicles in their lanes.